+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Did any outlanders get translation from Canada certified translators?

EFK

Feb 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I want to know if anyone has been able to successfully send their documents to Canada and get it translated by a certified translator (from CTIC list)... anyone know who is reasonable? I sent emails to some registered members and they are charging CAD 75 for a 1 page translation!! I got another one that charged CAD 40 but CAD 110 for courier!!! seems pretty pricey...

docsbase.ca was very reasonable... doing translation and courier for CAD 81...but am still looking for someone who has tried them...I think they are not certified, but will go through the whole notarization etc...

MG84

Star Member
May 24, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
22-08-2015
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/what-is-a-certified-translator-t340515.0.html

EFK

Feb 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
^^ Thanks for the above.. have seen that thread.. but I was asking if any outlander has had any personal experience.. and who was reliable and reasonable?

thanks

EFK

Feb 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sorry - arabic to english.. just 1 page.

the issue is the courier back.. the independent translators seem to be okay but I don't think they have any contracts with courier companies...therefore charging 109CAD for 1 paper to be sent back to UAE... versus 40CAD by docsbase...

EFK

Feb 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thankyou for that..

Yes but I don't know how regular mail works in the UAE.. we only use courier here.. since we don't have individual P.O.Boxes etc. like how I had in UK.. so am not sure...and its a sensitive document, so need to make sure it doesn't get lost (therefore I want it tracked)... otherwise, I would rather just collect it from the translator next year after I land.... if they can keep it so long for me...

Yes I understand the issue with incorrect translation.. the problem is that I can't read arabic... but I noticed that the local translation I got done here didn't even complete the sentences in English, so there is no way that Canada will accept that (although its a "legal" translation)... so definitely want to get it checked before final approval, since I understand what content should be there.

Will ask about the 3 points... that is a good idea..
But please explain this point:
The original (stamped)
Do they need to stamp my scanned copy of original as well?

Have been sending them scans.. they need it even for quotation purposes..so they said they can translate based on that

Thanks

EFK

Feb 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I agree 100%.. the more stamps, the better it is..:)
Who did you get your translation from? Though I guess it might be a different language combination..

hmm..

Gujjje

Apr 30, 2016
I agree 100%.. the more stamps, the better it is..:)
Who did you get your translation from? Though I guess it might be a different language combination..

hmm..
hi EFK,

Who did you get your documents translated from ? i have a birth certificate that requires translation too.

yellowhornet

Star Member
Feb 4, 2018
I am thinking of using DOCBASE for translation, but their website is not even HTTPS, which makes me weary of uploading anything to their site.