+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Did any one apply for student visa without having accommodation

natasha12345

Star Member
Mar 29, 2016
Hi all can you tell me whether anyone applied without first having accommodation, i have enough fund for tuition and living expense. however i want to wait till i get there to get accommodations by renting an apartment.

Can you share your experience and whether you got your visa approved?

Any person from the Caribbean applied this way? I am applying to the Trinidad and Tobago Office

Thanks

studentpermit

Star Member
Jun 23, 2016
The new landlord waited for me enough to be in Canada and sign the rental contract... But with the unexpected delay of my student permit (10 weeks now)... I lost my chances to rent his apartment. I have to search for another one. You can apply without accommodation... you never know when to get the visa/student permit.

My advice to you... after reading tons of comments on this forum... is to apply paper-based and stay away from the "Online" thing!
Although the online sounds more accurate and professional... unfortunately, it is not the case for this service. Good luck ;)

Serendipity14

Star Member
Feb 7, 2014
Montreal, Canada
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
27-08-2014
natasha12345 said:
Hi all can you tell me whether anyone applied without first having accommodation, i have enough fund for tuition and living expense. however i want to wait till i get there to get accommodations by renting an apartment.

Can you share your experience and whether you got your visa approved?

Any person from the Caribbean applied this way? I am applying to the Trinidad and Tobago Office

Thanks
I would suggest you to be in touch with someone who is already in Canada to either arrange for a temporary accommodation or if your University/College offers temporary accommodation then go for it. Once you land in Canada and have met a handful of seniors/classmates you'll be in a better position to look for a good apartment to rent!

natasha12345

Star Member
Mar 29, 2016
studentpermit said:
The new landlord waited for me enough to be in Canada and sign the rental contract... But with the unexpected delay of my student permit (10 weeks now)... I lost my chances to rent his apartment. I have to search for another one. You can apply without accommodation... you never know when to get the visa/student permit.

My advice to you... after reading tons of comments on this forum... is to apply paper-based and stay away from the "Online" thing!
Although the online sounds more accurate and professional... unfortunately, it is not the case for this service. Good luck ;)
Where did you find your place... i am using a lawyer and he say i will not get through if i dont have accomodations. I am bit confused as what to do now. My first year tuition is due on Friday

natasha12345

Star Member
Mar 29, 2016
Jeewan said:
I came to canada by myself and i think that it was the best thing i did. No regrets.
Do you have any accommodations suggestions, i need a letter or a an intend to rent letter before i apply

vaishnavi

Jun 18, 2016
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
15-06-2018
IELTS Request
07-04-2018
Med's Done....
22-05-2018
Passport Req..
30-07-2018
LANDED..........
13-08-2018
Actually as far as i know i dont think you need to show any details about your accommodation but in case your lawyer says its necessary why dont you go for any short term accommodation? I dont know how far it will work out but atleast you can show the VO u have a place to stay once you land in Canada.

natasha12345

Star Member
Mar 29, 2016
vaishnavi said:
Actually as far as i know i dont think you need to show any details about your accommodation but in case your lawyer says its necessary why dont you go for any short term accommodation? I dont know how far it will work out but atleast you can show the VO u have a place to stay once you land in Canada.
I tired looking at that but i have no family in canada so that is alittle challenging

harvijay1001

May 23, 2016
App. Filed.......
27-10-2016
you could always book something on airbnb or hostelworld for maybe 2 weeks or a month

obviously go for the cancellation friendly options. you can get something for 13-20$ a day max.

But can anyone confirm this because I wasn't even aware you had to show confirmed accommodation. Just funds to be able to obtain it once there