+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Diabetic New Immigrant to Canada

apsannapu

May 4, 2019
Hi,

I recently received my PR and moving to Canada soon. I'm diabetic since 9 years and it is stable. I have few concerns:

1. How should I get my meds once I move to Canada?
2. Can I carry initial 3 months supply of meds with prescription ? I only use one tablet. Shouldn't be lot of meds.

I'm taking Destination Canada insurance covering pre existing conditions. If any emergency occurs that should cover for initial 3 months.

If anyone has idea abut this, please let me know.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi,

I recently received my PR and moving to Canada soon. I'm diabetic since 9 years and it is stable. I have few concerns:

2. Can I carry initial 3 months supply of meds with prescription ? I only use one tablet. Shouldn't be lot of meds.

I'm taking Destination Canada insurance covering pre existing conditions. If any emergency occurs that should cover for initial 3 months.

1. Go to a doctor.

2. Yes.

visatest

May 24, 2016
London Ontario Canada
Hi,

Hi there apsannapu. In Canada a great resource and very helpful organization is: https://www.diabetes.ca/