+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Diabetes medicines during immigration checks.

Rahulvaid

Star Member
Oct 17, 2016
Delhi
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Going on work permit to canada this month , FSW-O application also under process(medical passed)....my question is during my medical I declared that I am diabetic and taking 500 mg medicine, but now I am taking heavy dose compared to what i declared, I am planning to take atleast two months medicine wd me

Can it be a problem during immigration checks ?

Can this much medicine with you create a doubt of medical inadmissibility(excessive demand on canada healthcare)
Smbdy please advice

Regards

DEEPCUR

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2016
Whatever you declared at the time of medical is absolutely fine in my opinion. No need to declare anything again now.

Rahulvaid

Star Member
Oct 17, 2016
Delhi
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
DEEPCUR said:
Whatever you declared at the time of medical is absolutely fine in my opinion. No need to declare anything again now.
Not abt declaring anything, m asking if during luggage check they finds my medicines,will they ask me why too much heavy medicines when its not showing in ur medical records.

tormentor

Star Member
Nov 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Rahulvaid said:
Not abt declaring anything, m asking if during luggage check they finds my medicines,will they ask me why too much heavy medicines when its not showing in ur medical records.
Don't worry. First of all pulling out your bag for this level of detailed checking is rare, unless there is something fishy otherwise. Even in that case, Canadian Border Control do not access private medical records of individuals. There are privacy laws in place. When you gave your medical, you gave permission to IRCC to access your records, not CBSA. They would have to go through the courts to get that. That is really very far fetched possibility. What they might ask though is a valid prescription, that's about it.

Rahulvaid

Star Member
Oct 17, 2016
Delhi
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
tormentor said:
Don't worry. First of all pulling out your bag for this level of detailed checking is rare, unless there is something fishy otherwise. Even in that case, Canadian Border Control do not access private medical records of individuals. There are privacy laws in place. When you gave your medical, you gave permission to IRCC to access your records, not CBSA. They would have to go through the courts to get that. That is really very far fetched possibility. What they might ask though is a valid prescription, that's about it.
Thanks alot +1 for this detailed and helpful info

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
The OP must make sure they have their prescription for any prescription medicines in their possession to show to CBSA/Customs if asked.

A prescription for diabetes not unusual and as previous poster said CBSA not interested in medical condition just whether someone has more than 90 days supply allowed and as far as they can see is a genuine drug supported with a prescription.