+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Diabetes Medical Inadmissability

Mcc12

Jun 11, 2018
Hi ,
I am secondary applicant with my wife for Canada immigration. Recently I diagnosed with Type 1 diabetes. My recent report shows my diabetes is under control and all body organs are working fine.

Can some one please help me in detail this condition will considerd as Medical Inadmissability to Canada Immigration ??
Your inputs are highly appreciated...

Thank you,

keeratsingh

Jul 3, 2017
New Delhi
Hi ,
I am secondary applicant with my wife for Canada immigration. Recently I diagnosed with Type 1 diabetes. My recent report shows my diabetes is under control and all body organs are working fine.

Can some one please help me in detail this condition will considerd as Medical Inadmissability to Canada Immigration ??
Your inputs are highly appreciated...

Thank you,
No problem whatsoever buddy....diabetes does not account for inadmissability in any way....

Mcc12

Jun 11, 2018
Thank you ,
Do I need to declare my problem to doctor before I going for medical test ??

Mcc12

Jun 11, 2018
Thank you all for quick replys and suggestions..

Did any one came across scenario like this? Like person having Type 1 diabetes and applier for PR to Canada ??

TechFalcon

Nov 10, 2018
@keeratsingh @krunal2904 @Mcc12 I just did my HbA1c today and it was 8.5, diabetic for two years. Does uncontrolled glucose levels will be an issue ? it increased from 6.8 to 8.5, changed the tablets and now fasting and PP are under control but the three months average is bad. Appearing for medicals shortly. Please let me know your experiences, didn't found a similar question in other threads.

naaz12

Mar 11, 2012
india
Doc's Request.
not yet..
AOR Received.
4 April 2018
LANDED..........
by gods grace will be there...
My mother was having same problem,we told family doctor that she is going to have medicals soon,Our family doctor put few extra medication to keep control of sugar and she passed Medicals
It will not impact on Medical’s and does not account for inadmissibility but you will have to tell your Doctor while having Medicals.

Reactions: TechFalcon

TechFalcon

Nov 10, 2018
My mother was having same problem,we told family doctor that she is going to have medicals soon,Our family doctor put few extra medication to keep control of sugar and she passed Medicals
It will not impact on Medical’s and does not account for inadmissibility but you will have to tell your Doctor while having Medicals.
thanks @naaz12

kmsbytes

Star Member
Apr 22, 2018
Category........
Other
@keeratsingh @krunal2904 @Mcc12 I just did my HbA1c today and it was 8.5, diabetic for two years. Does uncontrolled glucose levels will be an issue ? it increased from 6.8 to 8.5, changed the tablets and now fasting and PP are under control but the three months average is bad. Appearing for medicals shortly. Please let me know your experiences, didn't found a similar question in other threads.
Hi, can you please guide if you got the PR. My diabetes is also not in very good control 7.2 approx hba1c. no other complication etc. thanks.,

ShaJab

Aug 6, 2020
Did they ask for extra tests after the medical exam?

Isha295

Feb 17, 2022
Sharing my experience for others - So in my medicals the doc just asked me what medications i am on. I disclosed i am type 1 diabetic. They didnt even ask my hba1c. They just did my blood test (not for hba1c hut i bekieve for kidney function), urine test and usual other tests like eye test. No need to worry about diabetes unless it is impacting your kidneys. Just try to keep your hba1c under 7.5. This was for work permit and i got my wokr permit.

Reactions: youcef84

youcef84

Feb 6, 2024
Sharing my experience for others - So in my medicals the doc just asked me what medications i am on. I disclosed i am type 1 diabetic. They didnt even ask my hba1c. They just did my blood test (not for hba1c hut i bekieve for kidney function), urine test and usual other tests like eye test. No need to worry about diabetes unless it is impacting your kidneys. Just try to keep your hba1c under 7.5. This was for work permit and i got my wokr permit.
hello im from algeria and my diabetic its 8 to 9 hba1c
and i tack unsilin
and im caring if can get visa work >>>> did you tell tham thats you have diabitc ?