+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Diabetes and Autism

myke_of_ VA

Jun 16, 2009
Hello

I have a question regarding the medical examination.

Will the application be denied if the applicant have a type 2 Diabetes?

What if one of the dependent have a case of Autism ?

I appreciate any answers I could get.

Thanks

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It depends on if they are deemed to cause excessive demand on Canada's health care. Get the medicals and include statements from their individual doctors about the severity of their problems and their future prognosis and hope for the best.

NewYorker

Nov 4, 2008
I don't know about autism, but know that people get approved with diabetes (Type -2) - I believe if you have diabetes they do some other tests at the same time you do medical to ensure the kidneys are fine

myke_of_ VA

Jun 16, 2009
Hello,

My family and I will undergo a medical examination tom. I'm really worried about my sons' case having slight Autism. I hope the consul will not view it as a ground to deny my application.

Applicants may be denied a Canada Immigration (Permanent Resident) Visa solely on medical grounds, if:
http://www.canadavisa.com/immigration-medical-inadmissibility.html

Their condition would endanger the health or safety of the Canadian population at large; or
Their admission might cause excessive demand on existing social or health services provided by the government. *

I hope my honesty do good for me and my family.

I will just hope for the best.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If it's slight autism, it would be all the more important to get a letter from his doctor/therapist stating that he has good future prospects and then hope for the best. Good luck :)

ajiemher

Oct 26, 2007
myke_of_ VA

Hello...

May I please know what happened to your PR application? I have the same situation.

Thanks.

linkers

Jul 9, 2013
Hi myke_of_ VA and ajiemher: I know this post is quite old, but please can you both share your experiences. Did you get the PR visa in the end ?

The reason I am asking is that I had our medicals in London UK today (myself, wife and 2 sons), and the doctor said my youngest son seems to have Autism which we are already aware of. She also said she will let immigration know and they will contact us.

I just wanted to know how much chance of getting the visas we have. I applied for federal under the Quebec program.

Your help will be greatly appreciated.

Regards,
linkers

awai ali

Champion Member
May 30, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
November 2011
Doc's Request.
March 2013
File Transfer...
April 2012
Med's Request
March 2014
Med's Done....
April 2014
Interview........
February 2014
Passport Req..
PPR1 and PPR2 in June with gap of 10 days .....
VISA ISSUED...
ما شاء الله ,الحمد لله......July 2014......
LANDED..........
September 2014...Living Happily in Vancouver B.C.
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/children-with-autism-t53130.0.html

visit above forum members old posts you will get enough answer .......one of them has immigrated to Canada with a child who was suffering from Austim///////////

OWAISMOD

Star Member
Sep 21, 2012
ISLAMABAD
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
YA MINE IS DENIED DUE TO AUTISM

myke_of_ VA said:
Thanks Leon..

Does anybody knows somebody whose application got denied because of Autism or Diabetes?

Thanks