NOC Code......
AOR Received.
06-02-2018
Passport Req..
06-03-2018
VISA ISSUED...
16-03-2018
Dear experts,

My primary NOC is 2281-Computer network and web technician. According to the IRCC regulation we must perform the Lead Statement and Substantial number of main duties set in the NOC code. I am working in a very small scale non-IT company (27 employees) as an IT admin.

We have Local Area Network(LAN) but no WAN(Wide Area Network). We have website and local network database application server but no web server. I am responsible for administration and maintenance of the Network, workstations, local database application Server, troubleshoot and solve IT problems, computing peripheral setup, security, user support etc.

My problem: Actually I am performing almost all the main duties mentioned in the NOC-2281 code but not 100% the lead statement. The highlighted words I am not performing, what should I do?

Lead statement: Computer network technicians establish, operate, maintain and co-ordinate the use of local and wide area networks (LANs and WANs), mainframe networks, hardware, software and related computer equipment. They set up and maintain Internet and intranet Web sites and Web-server hardware and software, and monitor and optimize network connectivity and performance.

My duties also cover Lead statement and Main duties of NOC-2282 User support technician, should I chose that?
Your job description may not match 100%. If you have 80% match it should be fine. You cannot be performing all duties defined in the NOC. there are multiple job descriptions in the NOC

Stewie090

Jun 14, 2018
Yes,
1. Skill level A
2. NOC will be 2173.
3 &4 . Experience letters which defines your job description should be the ones. Usually in India, we dont have that kind of exp letter. You may have to get it done again. Reach out to your prev employers. I did and all employers were happy to give me exp letters . they also allowed me to define the work experience . You can define it in a way that the work is close to your NOC code. Please note, I gave 2 NOCs as I progressed from being a system administrator to a cloud DevOps guy. so, 50% of my NOC is 2281.

If you have something similar to mine, you can also explain that in the supporting letter . This letter can be uploaded along with all other documents on the portal
I have a quick question. If I have worked as Build and release engineer (though this includes 20% of linux admin) initially and then eventually progressing to Cloud/DevOps engineer. Should I just mention NOC - A - 2173 or would there be any other code that I should include?

Thank you.

sandeepdevops

Jul 16, 2018
I am also applying for Canada PR and have some doubts regarding the profile. I am currently working as Devops in Cloud Computing domain and have experience on Python, automation, SaltStack and OpenStack. Please help me find answers to the following questions (I have few confusions as I am applying for the profile on my own):

1) My skill level will be A?
2) What is the NOC code? Is it 2173 or anything else?
3) @sayantandas mentioned about the reference letters from previous organisations. Do we really need them or Experience letters will suffice for the same?
4) NOC code must be based on the latest avatar in the industry right?

sunil1405

Aug 25, 2017
Hi All,
I am Sr. Architect in DevOps area. Have worked on build and automation tool. it would be great if someone could help me on getting me started with NOC and the process.
Regards,
Sunil Jacob

Kva

Star Member
Apr 23, 2019
Hello Everyone,

Can anyone please suggest me the noc code that I have to choose for Express Entry with job title DevOps Engineer and following are Job duties which my employer provided.

· Worked collaboratively with other DevOps and Software engineers to deploy and operate our systems using Ansible, Powershell and Batch scripts

· Built and maintained tools to monitor running processes

· Interacted with TeamCity to have application builds automated

· Troubleshooted and resolved issues in dev and test environments

Any help would be highly appreciated.. I am thinking more of 2173 but I have bachelor's in Electrical and Electronics Engg & Diploma in canada with major in Cloud Computing for Big Data. and No licensing or certification.

Thank you in advance!

Kva

Star Member
Apr 23, 2019
Hi ,

What I've done is NOC 2173 for any kind of automation coding i.e. Ansible/Chef/Puppet
and 2282 for any kind of system administration work with Linux/Windows.

This has been accepted by the visa officer

The most important part is getting the reference letter from the previous organisations. it should define the job role which closely fits your NOC. So try to be nice to your prev employer's HRs and get the letters.
Hi I have a question regarding the Noc code that I have to choose for devops engineer based on job duties.. I come under CEC.
Here are some duties my manager have written for me:

1. Focus on implementing devops engineering for maintaining environments availability, reliability, performance and security.
2. Build and maintain infrastructure with ansible, powershell and batch.
3. Interacted with teamcity to automated the build.
4. Build and monitor the infrastructure and applications.
5. Document process and procedures from effective communication and collaboration.

Please let me know what is the best noc code either 2173 or 2174?

Thanks in advance.

m_devops

Dec 17, 2019
Hi Everyone,

I am working as Junior DevOps Engineer and on my job offer letter, I have following responsibilities:

• Work closely with our application developers and other DevOps engineers to resolve incoming issues.
  • Maintain automation pipelines for packaging and deploying our public cloud apps.
  • Analyze the pipelines and identify issues or areas of improvement.
  • Provide monitoring infrastructure and app health dashboards.
  • Be part of the on-call rotation to fix high priority incidents, including after-hours.
  • Monitor and tune the performance, reliability, and security of the cloud infrastructure.
  • Write documentation to enable application development teams to create and operate their services with greater autonomy.
  • Learn and evaluate new cloud technologies that may improve our existing strategies.
Could you please suggest which NOC code would be best based on these responsibilities? I would really appreciate your help!

Thank you :)

Github

Oct 24, 2019
Hi Everyone,

I am working as Junior DevOps Engineer and on my job offer letter, I have following responsibilities:

• Work closely with our application developers and other DevOps engineers to resolve incoming issues.
  • Maintain automation pipelines for packaging and deploying our public cloud apps.
  • Analyze the pipelines and identify issues or areas of improvement.
  • Provide monitoring infrastructure and app health dashboards.
  • Be part of the on-call rotation to fix high priority incidents, including after-hours.
  • Monitor and tune the performance, reliability, and security of the cloud infrastructure.
  • Write documentation to enable application development teams to create and operate their services with greater autonomy.
  • Learn and evaluate new cloud technologies that may improve our existing strategies.
Could you please suggest which NOC code would be best based on these responsibilities? I would really appreciate your help!

Thank you :)
Hi, I have almost same duties. Which NOC did you choose?