Bangalore
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
06-02-2018
Passport Req..
06-03-2018
VISA ISSUED...
16-03-2018
This is a call to all System Administrators and DevOps professionals who have and/or preparing for Canadian Visa Programme. Please share your experience.
I would love to know how you guys have gone through the process and what steps are you taking to clear the hurdles.
I'm a Linux guy however, Windows sysadmins and DevOps guys are probably in the same boat. I've just received my score, not yet got a call for ITA.

My profile -
IELTS - 8.5 - R-9,W-8,L-8.5,S-7.5
CRS - 440
Married

BE. Electronics & Comm from India (NOC 2173)??,
Masters in IT from UK,
MBA from UK
Total IT exp - 9 years ( 1.5 years in UK )
Certified AWS Solutions Architect - Assoicate

Current Job -
Module Lead - Automation using Ansible, VMware, Linux, AWS
I've selected NOC 2173. I hope this is correct. Let me know otherwise.

Prev Job 1
IT Consultant - Middleware (JBoss) design architecture and Linux , Shell scripting, Javascripts
Managed 10 member team
I've selected NOC 2173.I hope this is correct. Let me know otherwise.

Prev Job 2
System Administrator
Deploying builds on Linux Servers, Setting up Nagios monitoring tool
NOC 2173 or NOC 2281?? Confused

Let me know.

Thanks for reading the post.

sayantandas

Nov 6, 2017
Bangalore
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
06-02-2018
Passport Req..
06-03-2018
VISA ISSUED...
16-03-2018
All system admins and Devops professionals please connect here. Share your job desc/NOC so others can benefit. Thanks

rajdeep.617

Jan 23, 2018
I am also sailing in the same boat. please create a whatsapp group so we all can share our experience. I am working as a lead DevOps with 8 years of experience on Linux, Cloud, and automation but not sure which one is correct code NOC 2173 or NOC 2281?

Shilly-G

Oct 30, 2017
I am also sailing in the same boat. please create a whatsapp group so we all can share our experience. I am working as a lead DevOps with 8 years of experience on Linux, Cloud, and automation but not sure which one is correct code NOC 2173 or NOC 2281?
Hello Rajdeep...
Which one is correct - NOC 2173 or NOC 2281 for Linux Admin.
Please let me know.

Thank You.

Cheers!

sayantandas

Nov 6, 2017
Bangalore
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
06-02-2018
Passport Req..
06-03-2018
VISA ISSUED...
16-03-2018
Hi ,

What I've done is NOC 2173 for any kind of automation coding i.e. Ansible/Chef/Puppet
and 2282 for any kind of system administration work with Linux/Windows.

This has been accepted by the visa officer

The most important part is getting the reference letter from the previous organisations. it should define the job role which closely fits your NOC. So try to be nice to your prev employer's HRs and get the letters.

Jul 31, 2017
Hey all,

I am also applying for Canada PR and have some doubts regarding the profile. I am currently working as Devops in Cloud Computing domain and have experience on Python, automation, SaltStack and OpenStack. Please help me find answers to the following questions (I have few confusions as I am applying for the profile on my own):

1) My skill level will be A?
2) What is the NOC code? Is it 2173 or anything else?
3) @sayantandas mentioned about the reference letters from previous organisations. Do we really need them or Experience letters will suffice for the same?
4) NOC code must be based on the latest avatar in the industry right?

Looking forward for quick answers.

-TIA

sayantandas

Nov 6, 2017
Bangalore
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
06-02-2018
Passport Req..
06-03-2018
VISA ISSUED...
16-03-2018
Hey all,

I am also applying for Canada PR and have some doubts regarding the profile. I am currently working as Devops in Cloud Computing domain and have experience on Python, automation, SaltStack and OpenStack. Please help me find answers to the following questions (I have few confusions as I am applying for the profile on my own):

1) My skill level will be A?
2) What is the NOC code? Is it 2173 or anything else?
3) @sayantandas mentioned about the reference letters from previous organisations. Do we really need them or Experience letters will suffice for the same?
4) NOC code must be based on the latest avatar in the industry right?

Looking forward for quick answers.

-TIA
Yes,
1. Skill level A
2. NOC will be 2173.
3 &4 . Experience letters which defines your job description should be the ones. Usually in India, we dont have that kind of exp letter. You may have to get it done again. Reach out to your prev employers. I did and all employers were happy to give me exp letters . they also allowed me to define the work experience . You can define it in a way that the work is close to your NOC code. Please note, I gave 2 NOCs as I progressed from being a system administrator to a cloud DevOps guy. so, 50% of my NOC is 2281.

If you have something similar to mine, you can also explain that in the supporting letter . This letter can be uploaded along with all other documents on the portal

Fatemasultana

Apr 7, 2018
Dear experts,

My primary NOC is 2281-Computer network and web technician. According to the IRCC regulation we must perform the Lead Statement and Substantial number of main duties set in the NOC code. I am working in a very small scale non-IT company (27 employees) as an IT admin.

We have Local Area Network(LAN) but no WAN(Wide Area Network). We have website and local network database application server but no web server. I am responsible for administration and maintenance of the Network, workstations, local database application Server, troubleshoot and solve IT problems, computing peripheral setup, security, user support etc.

My problem: Actually I am performing almost all the main duties mentioned in the NOC-2281 code but not 100% the lead statement. The highlighted words I am not performing, what should I do?

Lead statement: Computer network technicians establish, operate, maintain and co-ordinate the use of local and wide area networks (LANs and WANs), mainframe networks, hardware, software and related computer equipment. They set up and maintain Internet and intranet Web sites and Web-server hardware and software, and monitor and optimize network connectivity and performance.

My duties also cover Lead statement and Main duties of NOC-2282 User support technician, should I chose that?