+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Devastated at how long it's taking ( over 4 months since passport request)

Alurra71

VIP Member
Oct 5, 2012
Ontario
Visa Office......
Vegreville
App. Filed.......
07-12-2012
AOR Received.
21-01-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
28-11-2013
LANDED..........
19-12-2013
Soleil2020 said:
You don't have to be sorry for jumping in. Thank you for your words of understanding. I truly appreciate them.
I was just curious. Do you have any sort of military background, or family military background or something near that? I can't imagine why they would be doing another FBI background check. The only thing that comes to mind is that you or a family member have heavy military background or you share a name in common with someone of great interest to the FBI so they are just sorting it out and ensuring that you are not the other person.

I wish you the best, and hold on as tight as you can to your relationship. It is hard, but it will make you both stronger!

mr.peace

Apr 15, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila, Phils.
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 2, 2013
Doc's Request.
October 24, 2013
AOR Received.
April 17, 2013
File Transfer...
April 23, 2013
Med's Done....
March 20, 2013
Passport Req..
Sep 27, 2013 F.Beronia Recv'd PP: Oct 15, 2013 V.O. returned PP: Nov 1, 2013 Resent PP....: Dec 27, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
March 26, 2014 received but dated March 20.
LANDED..........
April xx, 2014
Alurra71 said:
I was just curious. Do you have any sort of military background, or family military background or something near that? I can't imagine why they would be doing another FBI background check. The only thing that comes to mind is that you or a family member have heavy military background or you share a name in common with someone of great interest to the FBI so they are just sorting it out and ensuring that you are not the other person.

I wish you the best, and hold on as tight as you can to your relationship. It is hard, but it will make you both stronger!
When I read the first two sentences, I thought the reason you're asking is because she seems fierce just like a military... ;D My bad.. ;D

Soleil2020

Star Member
Jul 30, 2012
Alurra71 said:

Thanks for you comment. We are holding on as tightly as we can. Hoping we are stronger for it.

No, no military background really. My father was in the military when I was an infant, but it's been a very long time since that. Although I don't understand why someone's having a family member who served in the military should mean more scrutiny. But, what do I know?

The Parliament Member who researched our case a little bit, told me that the second FBI check was standard procedure for everyone and nothing unusual at all.

It's the first I've heard of it, though. When I emailed my attorney ( at least a week ago) and asked about it, I got no response. That's another thing that makes this process so difficult; The attorney's office doesn't really respond to any of our questions anymore... since we paid the fees to them in full.

I posted a question on here asking if people had heard of this second FBI clearance and I really didn't get a response.

So..lots of questions, with very few answers given.

HoneyEllis

Star Member
May 17, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
SYD
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-06-2011
AOR Received.
15-08-2011
File Transfer...
10-08-2011
Med's Done....
08-04-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
29-08-2011
VISA ISSUED...
06-09-2011
LANDED..........
20-10-2011
Soleil2020 said:
That's a tiny consolation, but we'll take it.

Did I notice correctly that your application took only 4 months to complete from start to landing day? If I am not mistaken, how, in God's name, did you do that?

I'm really puzzled at the difference between cases and timelines. My case is just a "run of the mill, straightforward, spousal sponsorship"
( the attorney's words ).

Our case was processed very quickly, however before we could lodge our application my work permit expired and I had to move back to Australia. We couldn't afford for me to be out of work while staying in Canada waiting for an inland sponsorship. My (then boyfriend) and I had to save up the money for him to fly to Australia for us to marry. He stayed for a week then returned to Canada. We then had to save up the money to do the medical and file the application - so while our processing time was quick we were apart (aside from the week we married) for longer than I like to remember :(

As to why our application was processed quickly - I really don't know. We prepared very thoroughly (using lots of the tips / advice picked up here on this forum!)Also, our file would not have had any 'red flags' - similar age etc, neither of us had been previously married etc. So I guess once they looked at our file and saw it was all ther they could approve it very quickly.