Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo VO transferred to Detroit VO
NOC Code......
3152 (Registered Nurse)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
December 22, 2009 (sent to CIO Nova Scotia)
Doc's Request.
February 15, 2010 (1st AOR from CIO Nova Scotia)
Nomination.....
June 10, 2010 (full application sent to Buffalo)
AOR Received.
November 3, 2010 (2nd AOR from Buffalo)
File Transfer...
September 28, 2011 to Detroit VO
Med's Request
November 11, 2011
Med's Done....
November 30, 2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
January 13, 2011
VISA ISSUED...
Soon!!!
Guys please share your experience.

I have a passport request from Detroit VO and it is requiring me to enclose 2 pictures.

But my dilemma is regarding one of its requirement - THE AGE OF THE PHOTO. It is requiring to bear the date the photo was taken. Is there a photo studio that process immigration photos that prints directly on the back of the photo the date the the pictures was taken? Or are we the one who will write the date the photo was taken by pen?

omm

Champion Member
Aug 27, 2009
USA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Date of photo taken that you an write yourself by pen. this is the mean that photo is not older than 6months. I suggest that take latest photos and on back side of photos write date using pen & send it to VO.

OMM

mjgwapings said:

I have a passport request from Detroit VO and it is requiring me to enclose 2 pictures.

But my dilemma is regarding one of its requirement - THE AGE OF THE PHOTO. It is requiring to bear the date the photo was taken. Is there a photo studio that process immigration photos that prints directly on the back of the photo the date the the pictures was taken? Or are we the one who will write the date the photo was taken by pen?

adamishere

Star Member
Aug 6, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Detroit
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-Sep-2009
Doc's Request.
10-Mar-2010
AOR Received.
19-Feb-2010
IELTS Request
Sent along with Docs
File Transfer...
04-Nov-2011
Med's Request
26-Nov-2011
Med's Done....
16-Dec-2011
Interview........
"not waived" Detroit VO said they are expecting to finalize my application without interview however they keep the right to interview me at any point if needed"
Passport Req..
12-Jan-2012- passport sent 16-Jan-2012
VISA ISSUED...
24-Jan-2012
LANDED..........
04-Feb-2012
mjgwapings said:

Any studio should be able to print the date when the picture was taken.

omm

Champion Member
Aug 27, 2009
USA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Right but it's not mandatory that date should be printed back on all photos, applicant can write using pen too.

OMM

adamishere said:
Any studio should be able to print the date when the picture was taken.

mjgwapings

Dec 8, 2010
Chicago
Category........
Visa Office......
NOC Code......
3152 (Registered Nurse)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Request
November 11, 2011
Med's Done....
November 30, 2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
January 13, 2011
VISA ISSUED...
Soon!!!
Thanks you guys. I emailed my lawyer with regards to this issue. I still need to hear from them. Will let you know their answer. Below is the exact part of the letter from immigration regarding photo requirements.

ENSURE THAT YOU HAVE ENCLOSED TWO PICTURES FOR EVERYONE IN YOUR FAMILY. The photographs must be unblemished as they will be used to produce your Permanent Resident Card once you are in Canada. The requirements are as follows:
< DIMENSIONS - 35mm x 45mm (1 3/8" x 1 3/4") finished size. Show a full front view of the person’s head and shoulders showing full face centred in the middle of the photograph. Measure between 25 mm and 30 mm (1" and 1 3/8") from chin to crown
< BACKGROUND - be clear, well-defined and taken against a plain white background without shadows
< COLOUR - photograph can be in black and white, or colour
< CONDITION - no creases or staple holes should mar the face of the person. Facial features should be
visible
< AGE OF PHOTO - 1. Within 6 months; 2. Bear the date the photo was taken (not the date the photo was
printed) directly on the back of one print (stick-on labels are not acceptable)
< PHOTO PAPER - 1. Produced from the same unretouched film or from the same file capturing the digital
image or from two identical photos exposed simultaneously by a split-image or multi-lens camera; 2. On photographic paper that has a backing which accepts and retains the date without smearing. Photos without this backing are not acceptable; 3. On prints that are well-fixed and washed to prevent fading and discolouration
< IMPORTANT - must be original photo (not taken from any existing photo)

omm

Champion Member
Aug 27, 2009
USA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
as per red color on your text than you ask to photographer to print it on each photos they will do it when they take and print the photos.

OMM

mjgwapings said:
Thanks you guys. I emailed my lawyer with regards to this issue. I still need to hear from them. Will let you know their answer. Below is the exact part of the letter from immigration regarding photo requirements.

ENSURE THAT YOU HAVE ENCLOSED TWO PICTURES FOR EVERYONE IN YOUR FAMILY. The photographs must be unblemished as they will be used to produce your Permanent Resident Card once you are in Canada. The requirements are as follows:
< DIMENSIONS - 35mm x 45mm (1 3/8" x 1 3/4") finished size. Show a full front view of the person's head and shoulders showing full face centred in the middle of the photograph. Measure between 25 mm and 30 mm (1" and 1 3/8") from chin to crown
< BACKGROUND - be clear, well-defined and taken against a plain white background without shadows
< COLOUR - photograph can be in black and white, or colour
< CONDITION - no creases or staple holes should mar the face of the person. Facial features should be
visible
< AGE OF PHOTO - 1. Within 6 months; 2. Bear the date the photo was taken (not the date the photo was
printed) directly on the back of one print (stick-on labels are not acceptable)

< PHOTO PAPER - 1. Produced from the same unretouched film or from the same file capturing the digital
image or from two identical photos exposed simultaneously by a split-image or multi-lens camera; 2. On photographic paper that has a backing which accepts and retains the date without smearing. Photos without this backing are not acceptable; 3. On prints that are well-fixed and washed to prevent fading and discolouration
< IMPORTANT - must be original photo (not taken from any existing photo)

mjgwapings

Dec 8, 2010
Chicago
Category........
Visa Office......
NOC Code......
3152 (Registered Nurse)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Request
November 11, 2011
Med's Done....
November 30, 2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
January 13, 2011
VISA ISSUED...
Soon!!!
Got the response from my lawyer. They said i should be able to hand write the date behind the photo.

omm

Champion Member
Aug 27, 2009
USA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
that's accepted dontworry.. mostly all applicant doing the same.

OMM

mjgwapings said:
Got the response from my lawyer. They said i should be able to hand write the date behind the photo.