+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Detroit, Detroit, Detroit, Rupeshhari, CanadaVisa4me & others

googleman

Star Member
Mar 24, 2010
Hi. Any of you guys live in Detroit? The city has a reputation as the crime capital of the USA? How dangerous is it? I heard many live in the suburb because of the crime? Is it that bad? There are some job openings in the city, but I wonder if I should even bother to apply.

shail2054

Star Member
Jan 6, 2010
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-07-15
AOR Received.
04-07-15
Med's Done....
xxxx
Interview........
xxxx
Passport Req..
xxxx
VISA ISSUED...
xxxxx
LANDED..........
xxxxx
Dear googleman
donot worry about city n crime ..its everywhere same and u hv to be careful. i lived in Baltimore n its second in crime after Detroit. even once i got mugged but still i love that city.

shail

claxtonCT

Star Member
Oct 11, 2008
I have cable and for some reason I get local news from Detroit (and I live in Toronto). Based on what I see on their everyday local news they do have a big problem with crime, specially in some extremely rundown suburbs. The mayor is talking about demolishing complete neighborhoods because all the empty houses are being used for illegal activity. But I don't think ALL of Detroit is unsafe, there are good neighborhoods away from the bad areas they should be fine. You just need to research with real estate agents and locals about what areas are the safest. Downtown (to work) did not seem to be unsafe.