+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Details to convert visit to work permit

Dec 28, 2017
Hi
I’m planning to come to Canada as visitor and later on convert that into work permit by finding a job. I’m coming from India.
Can anyone tell me how to search and apply for open work permit and the time span for finding a job and converting to work permit

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi
I’m planning to come to Canada as visitor and later on convert that into work permit by finding a job. I’m coming from India.
Can anyone tell me how to search and apply for open work permit and the time span for finding a job and converting to work permit
Hi

It really isn't that easy. You don't qualify for an Open Work Permit. In order to get a work permit, you must have a job offer from an employer with a positive LMIA. The LMIA applicaiton costs $1000 non-refundable, has strict requirements and takes months to process, so there is very little chance of you finding an employer willing to go through that.

Dec 28, 2017
Hi

It really isn't that easy. You don't qualify for an Open Work Permit. In order to get a work permit, you must have a job offer from an employer with a positive LMIA. The LMIA applicaiton costs $1000 non-refundable, has strict requirements and takes months to process, so there is very little chance of you finding an employer willing to go through that.
Hi
Thanks for the reply
Can you tell me how to get a work permit from India

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
It's extremely difficult (next to impossible) to get a work permit - either from India or as a visitor to Canada.

The first step is to find an employer who is willing to offer you a full time job. Next, the employer has to obtain an approved LMIA - this is a long and expensive process with no guarantee of approval. The employer has to advertise the job for at least a month to prove no Canadian could be found for the role and then has to pay a $1K fee and submit the LMIA application for processing. Processing typically takes 2-4 months - again, with no guarantee of approval. If the LMIA is approved, only then can you apply for a work permit.

So... The first step is for you to find an employer in Canada who is willing to give you a job.

Vigneah

Jul 9, 2018
It's extremely difficult (next to impossible) to get a work permit - either from India or as a visitor to Canada.

The first step is to find an employer who is willing to offer you a full time job. Next, the employer has to obtain an approved LMIA - this is a long and expensive process with no guarantee of approval. The employer has to advertise the job for at least a month to prove no Canadian could be found for the role and then has to pay a $1K fee and submit the LMIA application for processing. Processing typically takes 2-4 months - again, with no guarantee of approval. If the LMIA is approved, only then can you apply for a work permit.

So... The first step is for you to find an employer in Canada who is willing to give you a job.
Hi, can u suggest me that, I am coming to Canada in visitor visa and my wife is going to start her studies in Canadian college as a pg diploma. Can I apply for open work permit and how long the visa process will take. Also my visa is valid for 10 years multiple entry.. also can I apply inside Canada.. during the time can I stay in canada with my wife?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi, can u suggest me that, I am coming to Canada in visitor visa and my wife is going to start her studies in Canadian college as a pg diploma. Can I apply for open work permit and how long the visa process will take. Also my visa is valid for 10 years multiple entry.. also can I apply inside Canada.. during the time can I stay in canada with my wife?
Do you have a visitor visa already?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Yes, you can apply for an OWP.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/

Yes, you can apply from within Canada.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Yes I am already having the visitor visa.. thank you
Yes you can apply while inside Canada. OWP are not guaranteed for spouses of students just so you are aware. Processing time can be up to 4 months and sometimes more so would encourage you to apply as soon as possible.

Vigneah

Jul 9, 2018
Yes you can apply while inside Canada. OWP are not guaranteed for spouses of students just so you are aware. Processing time can be up to 4 months and sometimes more so would encourage you to apply as soon as possible.
Thank you very much for your valuable information...

Vigneah

Jul 9, 2018
Also could you please let me know like what documents I have to submit for OWP. Also could you give me a suggestion like how to prepare my visa request letter.. thanks

Zen_1987

Star Member
Oct 18, 2015
Navsari
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
Hi all,

I am planning to get a visit visa to USA and Canada.
Can someone tell me what are the ways to extend stay in Canada.
One thing come to my mind is to move to Atlantic Canada and find a job as AIPP program doesn't require LMIA.
I have siblings living in Toronto.