+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

details of visit to canada

dwine

Jan 15, 2012
Hi guys, i really need help to fill up my form for re-entry visa. I am planning to visit Philippines this coming May. I need to send my re-entry documents to Buffalo as soon as possible. I have a hard time to fill up the form which is about the details of visit to canada. I am working here for almost 5 years. Before, i don't have difficulties when filling up the form through hand but now that you need to do it online, it gives me a headache because it's going back and forth. What will i put about the purpose of my visit? im already working here. Also what will i put in the question indicate how long you plan to stay? i temporarily reside here because i am working here. Also the question the funds available for my stay? Do i need to do it by handwritten? Please help me, i book my ticket already and i really need to send my documents in order to get a re-entry visa. Many thanks to those who could help me.

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
How about "work" for the purpose? As for the length, place your passport or WP expiry date, whichever is later.

dwine said:
Hi guys, i really need help to fill up my form for re-entry visa. I am planning to visit Philippines this coming May. I need to send my re-entry documents to Buffalo as soon as possible. I have a hard time to fill up the form which is about the details of visit to canada. I am working here for almost 5 years. Before, i don't have difficulties when filling up the form through hand but now that you need to do it online, it gives me a headache because it's going back and forth. What will i put about the purpose of my visit? im already working here. Also what will i put in the question indicate how long you plan to stay? i temporarily reside here because i am working here. Also the question the funds available for my stay? Do i need to do it by handwritten? Please help me, i book my ticket already and i really need to send my documents in order to get a re-entry visa. Many thanks to those who could help me.

dwine

Jan 15, 2012
First and foremost, when i did this before through handwritten, i don't have a problem because you can only put not applicable. Now, they will not accept this through online, they need specific answer. Also, they need to put a specific amount on the funds also. To be able to understand me, i'm going to put here what kind of application form. The form is IMM 5257 where you can see at the page 2 details of visit to Canada. It drives me crazy because i can't validate the form because i need to put the answer in this page. Hope everyone whose here, can help me in this problem.

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
Work is a good reason why you are in Canada with a work permit (visitor allowed to work). I know the form. As to the funds, if you have savings put the amount of your savings, else, put your monthly salary. The officer who'll process your application will see that you are working.

dwine said:
First and foremost, when i did this before through handwritten, i don't have a problem because you can only put not applicable. Now, they will not accept this through online, they need specific answer. Also, they need to put a specific amount on the funds also. To be able to understand me, i'm going to put here what kind of application form. The form is IMM 5257 where you can see at the page 2 details of visit to Canada. It drives me crazy because i can't validate the form because i need to put the answer in this page. Hope everyone whose here, can help me in this problem.

dwine

Jan 15, 2012
i guess it's better to call the immigration and ask about this problem of mine. They are the one who could answer about my problem. Thanks for all the help.

hawk0404

Jan 21, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-02-2012
Med's Request
May 2014
Med's Done....
June 2014
Interview........
i hope sooon...
Passport Req..
i hope sooon...
I have been calling immigration office to guide me but from this forum I got more beneficial replies & mind u people here knows what they're talking about...somebody guided me getting my re-entry visa frm buffalo & I got it right away & advices are right.... just be thankful for suggestions someone gives here otherwise why join the forum?

honeysweetie

Jun 17, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hawk0404 said:
I have been calling immigration office to guide me but from this forum I got more beneficial replies & mind u people here knows what they're talking about...somebody guided me getting my re-entry visa frm buffalo & I got it right away & advices are right.... just be thankful for suggestions someone gives here otherwise why join the forum?
very well said hawk0404. specifically job_seeker helped me a lot from extending my WP with my ex-employer, from getting new WP for my new employer and lately helped me out getting a re-entry visa in Buffalo.

hawk0404

Jan 21, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-02-2012
Med's Request
May 2014
Med's Done....
June 2014
Interview........
i hope sooon...
Passport Req..
i hope sooon...
@honeysweetie.....likewise, job_seeker did great guiding me thru

dwine

Jan 15, 2012
Hey guys don't be upset with me i am very thankful for the help. I really need the exact answer not just assuming that these are the correct answer. Okay tell me, what would you answer about the details of visit of Canada? Check the form IMM 5257 go to page 2 please you will see what i mean. What is your purpose? you can select 3 option there which is business, tourist and other. I answer the other and under the other is "worker", correct? Now go to how long will you stay? what will i put? if base of the issuance on my passport the online application will not accept it's drive me crazy. How about the funds? it doesn't accept the answer not applicable. Guys, same as you i work here for almost 5 years and i recently receive my OWP. So tell me what will the best answer here.

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
Try putting a certain amount in Cad ($1000.00?, $2000.00?) for your funds (whoever designed the system has not taken into consideration all the possibilities, but it's a system in progress (at least now we can apply from Canada, whereas when they initially started the system, Canada was not among the countries). Is you new OWP for the duration of your passport? If not, try the duration of your OWP. Try two years after today. Or "guesstimate" a date when you expect to receive your PR.

dwine said:
Hey guys don't be upset with me i am very thankful for the help. I really need the exact answer not just assuming that these are the correct answer. Okay tell me, what would you answer about the details of visit of Canada? Check the form IMM 5257 go to page 2 please you will see what i mean. What is your purpose? you can select 3 option there which is business, tourist and other. I answer the other and under the other is "worker", correct? Now go to how long will you stay? what will i put? if base of the issuance on my passport the online application will not accept it's drive me crazy. How about the funds? it doesn't accept the answer not applicable. Guys, same as you i work here for almost 5 years and i recently receive my OWP. So tell me what will the best answer here.

dwine

Jan 15, 2012
nope. i call the immigration and they said, this is a new form that has a little bit problem...the old form still accepted until march. he advice me to print the form and fill up in handwritten, hope everything is will be fine...once again thank you for the help.