+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Destite student application

alopez

Apr 5, 2020
Hello,

I'm an international student already living in Canada, however due to Covid my financial situation has changed and my parents definitely can't help me paying my tuition. I'd like to apply to open work permit as a destitute student; however, I can't find the option in cic webpage. It doesn't show it to me, it just shows me the LMIA option. Since I don't have one it doesn't allow me to continue with the application. I really can't afford an immigration consultant or a lawyer right now. Could you please give some info regarding how to apply to it? Thank you in advance. Any info would be helpful.

jweekend

Champion Member
Dec 13, 2019
No. You won't be able to do so. You can take a leave of absence from school and wait it out. You're supposed to have enough money for your studies, so that shouldn't have been an issue.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hello,

I'm an international student already living in Canada, however due to Covid my financial situation has changed and my parents definitely can't help me paying my tuition. I'd like to apply to open work permit as a destitute student; however, I can't find the option in cic webpage. It doesn't show it to me, it just shows me the LMIA option. Since I don't have one it doesn't allow me to continue with the application. I really can't afford an immigration consultant or a lawyer right now. Could you please give some info regarding how to apply to it? Thank you in advance. Any info would be helpful.
You are unlikely to qualify but can try. https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/work/apply-who-permit-result.asp?q1_options=1i&q2_options=2l

TheDudeBowski

Aug 23, 2021
Hello,

any updates?