+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Destination province different from Sponsor's home province?

Apr 16, 2020
Hi all,

I'm trying to find out if it is a problem to apply to move to a province other than where your sponsor lives? My fiancée lives in Quebec but we want to apply for Ontario. Does it matter that she doesn't actually live in Ontario at the time of application?

Many thanks,

Sashimi

LotusLeodis

Jul 23, 2020
I think it’s a matter of evidence that your fiancee is moving i.e. proof of job offer, job transfer, university place, accommodation etc. Or for them to move to Ontario before you apply, so that there is no question where you might live.

For particular reference to Quebec, I think the concern may be whether the applicant is trying to circumvent the particular rules that apply to Quebec.

Just my two cents and your mileage may vary.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi all,

I'm trying to find out if it is a problem to apply to move to a province other than where your sponsor lives? My fiancée lives in Quebec but we want to apply for Ontario. Does it matter that she doesn't actually live in Ontario at the time of application?

Many thanks,

Sashimi
Are you talking about applying for sponsorship programs? If she is living in QC she must apply in QC. She should move to ON and then sponsor you in ON if you want to live in ON.

Reactions: jddd

LotusLeodis

Jul 23, 2020
Are you talking about applying for sponsorship programs? If she is living in QC she must apply in QC. She should move to ON and then sponsor you in ON if you want to live in ON.
There you go. So the answer is for her to move to Ontario before applying, if that is where you want to live.