+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Destination is Vancouver but my flight is via Montreal

ch_mujeeb

Oct 10, 2013
Hi

I am bit confused regarding POE. I have got PR visa under FSWP 2014. I am planning to settle in Vancouver. My flight is DOHA to Montreal to Vancouver.

Please let me know shall I have to undergo the procedure for applying PR card at Montreal as that will be the first POE?
Where shall I apply for SIN - Montreal or Vancouver?
Can they object if I provide Vancouver address if I will have to undergo the process for applying for PR card/SIN at Montreal ?

Please help as this is urgent else I will have to change my flights

CanV

Champion Member
Apr 30, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ch_mujeeb said:
Hi

I am bit confused regarding POE. I have got PR visa under FSWP 2014. I am planning to settle in Vancouver. My flight is DOHA to Montreal to Vancouver.

Please let me know shall I have to undergo the procedure for applying PR card at Montreal as that will be the first POE?
Can they object if I provide Vancouver address if I will have to undergo the process for applying for PR card/SIN at Montreal ?

As a FSWP you cannot land in Quebec. You need to change your flight.

zoya_99

Champion Member
Jan 30, 2015
ch_mujeeb said:
Hi

You can land in montreal. But give vancouver addres for pr card and sin.

Me too landed montreal with destination alberta.

Its perfectly okay

CanV

Champion Member
Apr 30, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
zoya_99 said:
You can land in montreal. But give vancouver addres for pr card and sin.

Me too landed montreal with destination alberta.

Its perfectly okay
You were under FSW? I was under the same impression until a VIP member here said no you can't land in Quebec unless you were selected.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
HI

CanV said:
You were under FSW? I was under the same impression until a VIP member here said no you can't land in Quebec unless you were selected.
1. Wrong impression as long as you have onward transportation you can "land" in Quebec.

CanV

Champion Member
Apr 30, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
PMM said:
HI

1. Wrong impression as long as you have onward transportation you can "land" in Quebec.
That was you PMM in another thread lol

cooldoc80

Nov 1, 2010
NOC Code......
Passport Req..
No PPR yet , just Passport Biopage request
LANDED..........
I'm Dreaming of July/2015
so PMM , is it ok or not Sir

thanks

rawdah

Champion Member
May 8, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-05-2013 PER Rec'd...: 07-08-2013
Doc's Request.
04-03-2014
Med's Request
23-09-2014
Med's Done....
24-09-2014
Passport Req..
PPR1:23-09-2014, PPR2: 20-10-2014
VISA ISSUED...
22-10-2014
LANDED..........
04-12-2014
cooldoc80 said:
so PMM , is it ok or not Sir

thanks
As a FSW, you can land in Quebec and complete your landing formalities in Quebec as long as you have onward transportation to other province.

Marlee

Jan 16, 2014
Montréal, Québec
Category........
Visa Office......
CSQ: BIQ New York; QSW: CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
CSQ: 14-01-2014, QSW: 08-12-2014
Doc's Request.
13-11-2015
Nomination.....
DM: 07-01-2016, CSQ: 15-10-2014
AOR Received.
CSQ: 14-05-2014, QSW: 26-03-2015
IELTS Request
IELTS 8.5 - TEFÀQ C1/C1
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
Waiver
Passport Req..
Visa-exempt
VISA ISSUED...
COPR received 14-01-2016
LANDED..........
17-01-2016
Guys, I think you are getting it wrong (...or I am the confused one here).
The poster is flying to VAC but changing flights in MTL as far as I understood. In that case you will remain in the security section and will only travel from gate to gate within the airport. Hence, you will not go through the immigration section. This will happen once you leave the security area at VAC airport before claiming your luggage.

Landing (PR) means activating your PR status upon entry to Canada and has nothing to do with the plane landing (touching the ground) in Canada. Well, it does in a way if you are coming to Canada by plane since is has to land first before you can do your landing but you get the point... ;D

cooldoc80

Nov 1, 2010
NOC Code......
Passport Req..
No PPR yet , just Passport Biopage request
LANDED..........
I'm Dreaming of July/2015
Marlee , I think you are wrong Here !!!! if the guy is making a connection in montreal airport he will be transfering from an international terminal to a dometstic terminal where he would land in vancover !

I dont think there would be any immigration officers in vancouver airport to activate his status , he should be admitted to canada at the international airport at vancover ..

but of course i'm not sure of what i'm saying i'm replying based on common sense

good luck

Marlee

Jan 16, 2014
Montréal, Québec
Category........
Visa Office......
CSQ: BIQ New York; QSW: CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
CSQ: 14-01-2014, QSW: 08-12-2014
Doc's Request.
13-11-2015
Nomination.....
DM: 07-01-2016, CSQ: 15-10-2014
AOR Received.
CSQ: 14-05-2014, QSW: 26-03-2015
IELTS Request
IELTS 8.5 - TEFÀQ C1/C1
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
Waiver
Passport Req..
Visa-exempt
VISA ISSUED...
COPR received 14-01-2016
LANDED..........
17-01-2016
I did some research!

"If your flight originated from outside Canada or the United States and you need to take a connecting flight to a Canadian destination, you must clear Canadian customs. It is very important to remember that you must personally pick up your luggage, which you may then leave at the connecting-flight counter located immediately after you leave the customs hall.

You must then follow the normal procedure for Canadian departures and go through pre-boarding screening checkpoint “A”. Note that liquids, gels and creams in containers larger than 100 ml/100 g (3.4 oz) must be carried in your checked luggage. Such items, even if sealed, will not be allowed through pre-boarding screening checkpoints.
"

You were right, I was wrong. You will have to go through the customs, so yes, your landing will indeed be happening in Montreal. In this case, I would refer to what zoya said. As long as you give them an address outside of the province and show them your ticket, you should be fine. Just make sure you have enough time between the two flights in case there's a long waiting line.

vehla_ji

Star Member
Jun 20, 2014
Calgary AB Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
20 march 15
You can land in montreal or anywhere in canada. But give Vancouver address for pr card and sin Number.

I landed in montreal with destination Winnipeg MB.

stayed couple days at my friend place in montreal and after that moved to winnipeg and no problems at all. coz i provide my winnipeg address and told officer i found this flight cheaper thn direct to winnipeg. he didnt said anything to me.

so i would say dont worry land anywhere you want to but provide Vancouver address.

max09

Star Member
Jan 31, 2013
Hi Guys

I am in a similar situation. My destination is Ottawa but I have a stopover in Vancouver. Will 2.5 hours stopover in Vancouver be enough for landing formalities before proceeding to Ottawa?
Also I have another question, in my visa its written that I need to make an entry before December. But I want to go only next year around May-June. Is there a way to do that?

Thanks