+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Desperate_looking for LMO_What should I do?

Scarlett_R

Star Member
Nov 20, 2012
Edmonton, Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville to Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-11-2013
AOR Received.
21-12-2013
Med's Done....
Mailed together with aplication
Hello there,

I am new to this site and I really need some information as I've tried the government website but found it a bit complicated and I still don't know if I'm in the right track to extend my stay in Edmonton, Alberta.

I've been trying to get a job with an LMO but haven't found anything yet, my current Visa is close to expire and I need to know what the best way to stay in Edmonton. I was thinking on applying to a visitor Visa but the government page says I need at least 30 days before my current status expires (I only have 10) should I still give it a try? would I have any problems if I do that? I'm thinking that option will give me more time to get an LMO but I'm not sure if there is another way to extend my stay here.

Please any suggestions, comments, will be really appreciated.

PS: I'm a chilean citizen, if there is anyone from Chile and has some good ideas

amikety

VIP Member
Dec 4, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-01-2013
AOR Received.
2-2-2013
Med's Done....
12-10-2012
Passport Req..
9-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
7-08-2013
LANDED..........
7-08-2013
Even if you got a job offer today, you wouldn't get the work permit within ten days unless you drove all the way to the border. A LMO takes 3-4 months to get typically, sometimes longer. I talked to a hiring manager yesterday who stated LMOs are coming slowly right now.

Extend your visitor's stay anyway. I applied for my first extension with only a few days left and it was granted no questions asked. Do it asap! As long as you have proof you submitted the application (online you get immediate proof via email from CIC to your MyCIC page), you will be okay as long as you follow the laws of Edmonton, Alberta, and Canada.

My advice might not be technically correct OR what you're supposed to do, but that worked for me. (That was July 2011.) Make sure you comply next time and apply at least 30 days in advance.

Scarlett_R

Star Member
Nov 20, 2012
Edmonton, Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville to Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-11-2013
AOR Received.
21-12-2013
Med's Done....
Mailed together with aplication
Thank you very much!! I am extending the Visitor right now your asvise makes me feel safer and keeps the hope!

Have a good one.