+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Desperate for Guidance on my Post-Graduation Work Permit Application

Charan81

May 20, 2014
First of thank you for taking the time to read my post :). I really do appreciate any feedback from all the experts on the forum as I am running out of time (90 days) on applying for the post grad permit my deadline would be May 31st 2014.

Situation

I am currently an international student holding a valid study permit and off-campus work permit both expire on June 1st 2014 the same day my Kenyan passport expires. I send my Kenyan passport to the Kenyan embassy in Ottawa on Feb 11th 2014 in order to be issued a new one valid for 10 years. The passport was send to Nairobi, Kenya on Feb 13th to be processed according to the embassy but I have not received any feedback on my passport status till today; I am unable to get information from Kenyan embassy as they neither take phone calls nor do they reply to any emails.

My question is - what are my options if I do not receive the passport back before May 31st. Will CIC still consider my application for the post grad work permit considering the fact that reason for the delay was due to my passport renewal?

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

More Background info

I have resided in Canada for about 5 years now. Initially, I came into the country on a work permit for 2 years (July 2009 – July 2011). I later decided to further pursue my education in Canada via a participating Canadian post-secondary institution. I completed BSc on March 2nd 2014. In addition, I have received my graduation letter from the campus.

My parents and younger brother also reside In Canada and are PR holders.

amira_mais

Aug 18, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You're in a difficult situation but only CIC can provide you with specific answers. You should call them right away: 1-888-242-2100.