+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Designation issue for Canadian exp

roja12

Oct 27, 2017
Hi,
I am going to start creating my CEC profile, but I am in a great confusion now.
I studied one year post graduate diploma and in last semester there was a 280 hours of co-op. I got a contract job for one year(40 hours/week) in noc A, designation as Network engineer Co-op and told my program coordinator same, he was satisfied till i complete the expected hours and can submit required documents to gain my grades. i started the job on 22 July 2019 and completed my hours on 12 Sep 2019.Got my grades and transcript on 14 sep 2019 and applied PGWP same day.
The thing is am working on same designation as CO-OP since 14 sep 2019 till date and my contract is also extended till Dec 2020. Now i am super confused using this period(14 sep 2019- till date) thats counts 1 year for my Canadian experience as the designation still says co-op in it.
Will i be rejected if i use this experience.

roja12

Oct 27, 2017
Hi,
I am going to start creating my CEC profile, but I am in a great confusion now.
I studied one year post graduate diploma and in last semester there was a 280 hours of co-op. I got a contract job for one year(40 hours/week) in noc A, designation as Network engineer Co-op and told my program coordinator same, he was satisfied till i complete the expected hours and can submit required documents to gain my grades. i started the job on 22 July 2019 and completed my hours on 12 Sep 2019.Got my grades and transcript on 14 sep 2019 and applied PGWP same day.
The thing is am working on same designation as CO-OP since 14 sep 2019 till date and my contract is also extended till Dec 2020. Now i am super confused using this period(14 sep 2019- till date) thats counts 1 year for my Canadian experience as the designation still says co-op in it.
Will i be rejected if i use this experience.
Anyone!! need help

Last edited:

Wolfpmd3

Champion Member
Apr 26, 2015
Canada
NOC Code......
Anyone.....
You can use any experience gained after you submitted your PGWP application. None of the experienced earned while under a study permit counts. Having said so, you should be aware of your situation. If you are employed in that company under a qualifying NOC then you are good. Just need to gather the proper documentation.

roja12

Oct 27, 2017
You can use any experience gained after you submitted your PGWP application. None of the experienced earned while under a study permit counts. Having said so, you should be aware of your situation. If you are employed in that company under a qualifying NOC then you are good. Just need to gather the proper documentation.
Thanks for your reply, does coop included in designation will effect the application?

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Thanks for your reply, does coop included in designation will effect the application?
It may be confusing, since technically you cannot hold a co-op position unless you are a student. Your employer should have changed it as soon as you graduated. If your employer won't change it, just add a letter of explanation that you started the position before you graduated.

roja12

Oct 27, 2017
It may be confusing, since technically you cannot hold a co-op position unless you are a student. Your employer should have changed it as soon as you graduated. If your employer won't change it, just add a letter of explanation that you started the position before you graduated.
thanks!! shall i include the experience gain while on studing seperatily and dont claim the points