+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

description of ceremony/event???

Lysferg

Jul 19, 2020
I am on the the relationship evaluation and sponsorship part of paperwork and I hit a bit of a snag, It asks for a description of the ceremony or event of the day we got married but I don't quite understand, mainly because we got married in a pretty private intimate ceremony, just the marriage officiate and our two witnesses....is that what i would put or do i need to explain where it took place? ( marriage officiates living room) been married for 7 years....i know this is a silly question but help is greatly appreciated.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
I am on the the relationship evaluation and sponsorship part of paperwork and I hit a bit of a snag, It asks for a description of the ceremony or event of the day we got married but I don't quite understand, mainly because we got married in a pretty private intimate ceremony, just the marriage officiate and our two witnesses....is that what i would put or do i need to explain where it took place? ( marriage officiates living room) been married for 7 years....i know this is a silly question but help is greatly appreciated.
Just tell the truth, keep it brief. If it makes sense for the culture/relationship history, it should be fine - you've been married and living together seven years?

(It might be very different for an arranged marriage where the ceremonies are an important aspect)

Lysferg

Jul 19, 2020
Just tell the truth, keep it brief. If it makes sense for the culture/relationship history, it should be fine - you've been married and living together seven years?

(It might be very different for an arranged marriage where the ceremonies are an important aspect)
So I'm from the United States and when we got married, I was only allowed to stay 6 months at a time as that is the allowed limit to stay without a visa, when i did go back i few times it was for either a month or a few days but i always went back, so if you wanna be technical i guess we've lived together for 6 or 7 years. But I've pretty much live with him he even goes back with me sometimes but havent been since covid... got a visitor extentsion. Our case probably seems super complicated

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
So I'm from the United States and when we got married, I was only allowed to stay 6 months at a time as that is the allowed limit to stay without a visa, when i did go back i few times it was for either a month or a few days but i always went back, so if you wanna be technical i guess we've lived together for 6 or 7 years. But I've pretty much live with him he even goes back with me sometimes but havent been since covid... got a visitor extentsion. Our case probably seems super complicated
If your permanent address has never actually been his (ie, for 6-7 years, you've been visiting him but have had a separate address at home), you haven't necessarily lived with him at all - at most, you've visited him.

That isn't necessarily a complication, though.

Reactions: armoured

Lysferg

Jul 19, 2020
If your permanent address has never actually been his (ie, for 6-7 years, you've been visiting him but have had a separate address at home), you haven't necessarily lived with him at all - at most, you've visited him.

That isn't necessarily a complication, though.
Oh. So now I’m confused on what to do...

Underhill

Feb 5, 2020
Vancouver, BC
So you maintained a residence in the US and your husband maintained a place in Canada and you two (together) would split your time between these two places for the last 6-7 years?

If so, there's nothing wrong with that - for the most part you've lived together to the extent the laws of both countries allows. Just put your address histories down and include a brief note explains exactly what you've explained here - that you stayed with each other in your places of residences as allowed by the laws of the US and Canada. You'll be fine.