+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Describing each other?

awais142

Dec 15, 2017
So im filling out a form that requires both the principle applicant and sponsor, but in some questions it makes it so confusing as to how to describe who did what. How am i going to describe my wife doing something, if its for both of us? its easier to describe us as "we" but "her" or "him" how else can we say who did what? Do we have to use our real names?

jordo

Apr 27, 2014
Regina, SK
I am the sponsor and my wife is the applicant. Here's how we answered the relationship questions.

Because it really comes down to the applicant convincing the immigration officer, we tried to stay consistent and write answers from the applicant's point of view. We used this kind of structure throughout.

I, the applicant, did <event> with my husband, the sponsor, etc etc.

Jordo, my husband and the sponsor, visited me (the applicant) during the Christmas holidays and together we spent time with my (the applicant's) family.

Yes, it looks and sounds clunky, but it's also clear who is being talked about.

Reactions: Ukrainian girl

Ukrainian girl

Oct 7, 2017
App. Filed.......
22-12-2017
AOR Received.
12-02-2018
Med's Request
07-03-2018
That’s how we did it. We wrote some of those answer in a “third person”like for example sponsor (name) travelled to visit applicant (name) in her home town. I think either way is good as long as it’s clear who did what.

Reactions: jordo

haXudon

May 31, 2015
doesn't matter. these guys have college degrees and can understand written English than most of us anyway. keep it simple, short, and straight to the point. all they need to know are the details. grammar does not matter, "correctness" of who is PA or sponsor does not matter. just make sure it is understandable, then you'll be good. like:

"My wife visited me once a year, usually every June. Her family all our friends were there during the wedding." -> so the VO knows. "oh ok so this sounds like the husband is telling the story, and looking at the application, he is the principal applicant. ok i get it."

(notice i purposely made grammatical errors but it is still understandable)

ez

WeegieInOttawa

Champion Member
Jun 11, 2017
Ottawa
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London (UK)
App. Filed.......
24-10-2017
AOR Received.
08-12-2017
File Transfer...
24-01-2018
Med's Request
11-12-2017
Med's Done....
02-01-2018
It isnt a grammar test so this really isn't that important.

At one point i was thinking about how i should be writing things then i realised that it really didnt matter. As long as the information is clear and accurate.