+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Describe the circumstances of your first meeting?

Akrampatel

May 23, 2018
Hi,
What do you write in "IMM5532 Relationship information and sponsorship evaluation" Part C Question No. 1 Describe the circumstances of your first meeting? 2. When was the first time you met in person (when, where)?
In my case we both (Myself & mywife) are relatives, so we knew each other since childhood. We knew each other very well before our marriage. Please, advice.

Wakki

Champion Member
Sep 18, 2017
Hi,
What do you write in "IMM5532 Relationship information and sponsorship evaluation" Part C Question No. 1 Describe the circumstances of your first meeting? 2. When was the first time you met in person (when, where)?
In my case we both (Myself & mywife) are relatives, so we knew each other since childhood. We knew each other very well before our marriage. Please, advice.
Part B Question No. 1.............did you check YES or NO

Wakki

Champion Member
Sep 18, 2017
I checked YES for Part B Question No. 1
Although, its not uncommon in some cultures, expect some close scrutiny since you and your spouse are relatives.

Describe the circumstances of your first meeting?

You and your spouse need to provide information relating to how you came into contact with each other.
This usually requires a description of how you and your spouse met or how you were introduced to each other during childhood.

2. When was the first time you met in person (when, where)?

When: You need to provide the timeline (Date) you first met your spouse (i.e., in your case the first time during childhood).
Where: The place, city, country where you first met your spouse (i.e., in your case where you met during childhood).

Last edited:

marib

Sep 5, 2018
Hi,
How you dealt with this question, I am in a same boat. Thanks in advance

Akrampatel

May 23, 2018
How you dealt with this question, I am in a same boat. Thanks in advance
Just mentioned about us being relatives before marriage. Told everything how it was. in terms of date, we put our engagement date. but, make sure you tell them whole truth. try to be as specific and as direct as you can.

singleman

VIP Member
Jul 28, 2018
App. Filed.......
00-05-2020
File Transfer...
00-00-2021
I know one guy got refused as he was sponsored by his brother's wife's sister, he is appealing that.

Lizcarl

Apr 29, 2019
Please Help! I am so confused what to write or how to answer IMM5532 Part B, question 1. The question :
BEFORE THIS RELATIONSHIP, WAS YOUR SPONSOR RELATED TO YOU IN ANY WAY? e.g.
- your sponsor was related to a member of your family
- your sponsor's family member was related to you or a member of your family

I am the sponsor and i am trying to answer this in behalf of my partner. We are applying for Conjugal Sponsorship. We are not related by blood. But my brother and his sister were in a relationship before and that is how we met each other. They had 1 child and is now separated.
What should i answer to the question, is it a YES OR NO? And if it is a yes, how do i answer it?

Please help. Thanks!

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Please Help! I am so confused what to write or how to answer IMM5532 Part B, question 1. The question :
BEFORE THIS RELATIONSHIP, WAS YOUR SPONSOR RELATED TO YOU IN ANY WAY? e.g.
- your sponsor was related to a member of your family
- your sponsor's family member was related to you or a member of your family

I am the sponsor and i am trying to answer this in behalf of my partner. We are applying for Conjugal Sponsorship. We are not related by blood. But my brother and his sister were in a relationship before and that is how we met each other. They had 1 child and is now separated.
What should i answer to the question, is it a YES OR NO? And if it is a yes, how do i answer it?

Please help. Thanks!
Answer is no.

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Hi ,please help me to answer this question, Describe the circumstances of your first meeting?
Just tell them how and when did you 2 meet? Did you meet online? Lover searching apps and met at a cafe? Throught relatives or friends? Through parents and match-makers? Just tell the truth and describe it.

krstn29

Star Member
Mar 29, 2019
Just tell them how and when did you 2 meet? Did you meet online? Lover searching apps and met at a cafe? Throught relatives or friends? Through parents and match-makers? Just tell the truth and describe it.
I can only do one line and I don't think one line explains the circumstance of our first meeting

Huntingwhale

Star Member
Jun 5, 2021
I can only do one line and I don't think one line explains the circumstance of our first meeting
Answer as best you can on the line. Then write a letter explaining the circumstances in more detail. I wrote a long letter that summarized our application and relationship. That is where I included most details of our initial meeting.

Reactions: YVR123

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Exactly as answered above. Write a simple summary of how you met the first time. (arranged marriage meeting with parents/first date after finding each other on a dating website/meeting with some mutural friends/office party...etc)

Then attach a letter and write in some details of your relationship development. (Don't do pages and pages. Just show how you go from first meeting to marriage/or moving in to start common law)