+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Depression Treatment

kartoffel

Oct 13, 2015
Hey,

not sure if this is the right forum but i'll give it a try anyway.

Some base facts first: I'm a male 31 years old. I have the Canadian citizenship (and just the Canadian) but i never lived in Canada. My father immigrated after WWII from Germany to Canada and returned after a time there to Germany. I'm born and lived almost all my life in Germany but hold the Canadian citizenship through my father. I speak native German and fluent English and Spanish.

Right now i feel like between a rock and a hard place. I have depression and suicidal thoughts since im maybe 14-15years old (i dont likeuse the word suffer since its so normal for me allready). The only joy that i felt during that last 10 years was through traveling, the downside is that i lost my legal status in Germany (after 6 month abroad your legal status is voided) and i cant really return to there except as a tourist. I came already a few years ago to a point where traveling isn't cutting it for me anymore and since i achieved most of the things i want in life allready the though to punch my ticket towards sundown is more and more imminent. Dont get me wrong, im lucky with bursts of happienes, i have friends and a family that cares but all i feel since half my life is tiredness and apathy and the urge to sleep deeply, very deep. There is no reason or any blame to shift, im just very very tired.

I know that depression causes irrational thoughts and i know from my therapy in germany that professional help can at least get me temporaryly out of it.

My question is what options do i have in Canada? All have is a Canadian Passport and maybe 10K CAD in liquid assets. If i decide to go to Canada where should i go and what would be my next steps (I'm in the Philippines right now).

Thanks for your help