vnt

Jul 22, 2018
ontario
Hi guys

I got my ita a couple of months ago
I now have less than 30 days to accept it

I recently had my medical through a panel physician

I mentioned to him about the fact that i take antidepressants

Now I'm wary that it might cause issues as that might cause a rejection from them

Can anyone tell me what's the best way going forward

Lovely_Wings

Nov 21, 2017
Hi guys

Now I'm wary that it might cause issues as that might cause a rejection from them

I was under treatment for depression and anxiety. It was listed on my medical forms. I still got PR.

vnt

Jul 22, 2018
ontario
I was under treatment for depression and anxiety. It was listed on my medical forms. I still got PR.
did you mention it to panel physician
and did you select "Yes" to the question "Have you ever suffered from any mental illness? " before submitting the application form

DaisyDaffodil87

Mar 30, 2018
My brother (14yrs old) have a major depression & taking anitidepressant pills. He's under my parents application as a dependant. (parents & grandparents sponsorship 2018) He's not suicidal nor hurt other people.He got bullied at school & hes still seeing a pschycologist once a month. Im worried sick that it might affect his medical test & might reject their applications.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
My brother (14yrs old) have a major depression & taking anitidepressant pills. He's under my parents application as a dependant. (parents & grandparents sponsorship 2018) He's not suicidal nor hurt other people.He got bullied at school & hes still seeing a pschycologist once a month. Im worried sick that it might affect his medical test & might reject their applications.
Is he attending school and able to participate in normal everyday activities? If so, I wouldn't worry. He would have to have to have been hospitalized and not functioning in daily life for it really to become a potential issue.

DaisyDaffodil87

Mar 30, 2018
thanks alot for the reply, Yes he's still attending school but he's struggling. im not sure how long he's gonna keep up.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
thanks alot for the reply, Yes he's still attending school but he's struggling. im not sure how long he's gonna keep up.
It is very important that he keep up his schooling for various reasons. He could change schools or do virtual learning. Mental healthcare is not very good in Canada so you should anticipate needing to pay out of pocket for psychologists (not covered by most provincial healthcare).

Reactions: DaisyDaffodil87

vnt

Jul 22, 2018
ontario
Is he attending school and able to participate in normal everyday activities? If so, I wouldn't worry. He would have to have to have been hospitalized and not functioning in daily life for it really to become a potential issue.
hi canuck78
can you answer my question
im very anxious about it

phoenix_vishal

Jun 26, 2019
To anyone wondering about ssri medication or anti depressants, DO NOT WORRY. declare it to the doctor taking the medical and they will ask you to get a psychiatrist letter. It is not a big deal at all. It is just them doing their job.

abseven

Oct 2, 2021
To anyone wondering about ssri medication or anti depressants, DO NOT WORRY. declare it to the doctor taking the medical and they will ask you to get a psychiatrist letter. It is not a big deal at all. It is just them doing their job.
Hello brother I just sent you a message, kindly check your conversations. it will be of immense help!

abseven

Oct 2, 2021
Hi guys

Hello Buddy, I just sent you a message regarding this, kindly check it and let me know how it went for you, it will be of immense help to me.