+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Depressed. Need Motivation.

dacoffee

Star Member
Jan 2, 2018
Hello Folks,

So, I worked in USA for a while. VISA got rejected, sent back home to India.

I appeared for IELTS (without much preparation) and managed to get CLB 9. I am B.Tech engineer. Due to my age (33), my CRS score is landing at 416.

The average CRS score for direct entry seems to be around 450 (+/- 10) and my score is no where close to that. I am a Manager in a reputed IT company (think IBM, Accenture, Deloitte) with over 12 years of experience. I know I can apply to PNP but it seems it is very difficult to get PNP for my NOC (IT Manager) where job offered or family connection is not required. Manitoba is one option but it requires connection.

This is so depressing. I can try to do masters but it is easy said than done. Worst, I don't even know if it will be recognized by WES. I can try to learn French but that is another uphill battle.

I am a very hard working person. I have always given my 100% to everything. I am only doing this to give a life of comfort (pollution free city, developed country, tad better work life balance compared to India, culture etc) to my wife and US born child (who will be 1 year in few months).

Do you folks have any suggestions? What should I do? Focus on learning French, try for Masters or keep hoping for PNP?

Best,
Your Friend (looking for some hope)

Anehita

Star Member
Aug 30, 2018
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Passport Req..
01-12-2020
Hi dacofee
I understand exactly how you feel. Just like you I’m 32 going on 33 in August. As at the time I got into the express entry pool my CRS was a common 400 points.
I had more or less given up on express entry I started looking into PNP streams. New Brunswick in particular, because they conduct information sessions and also job fairs that help towards getting nominated by them.
But on the 12th of March this year I got a notification of interest letter from Alberta. And on the 12th of April I got nominated. You see how God just turned it all around!
So stay positive and most of all, regardless of how small you think your CRS points are please enter the pool. Alberta is still picking people from the pool. And they’ve been picking a number of IT people.
Stay motivated....our Canada dream will be realized sooner than later!

Tom0712

Star Member
Feb 13, 2019
Hey,

I am so sorry to hear about your case. Here are the few things you can do
1. Take education in Canada, with a master degree, you can get extra 30 points. But it will take you at least 1-2 years to finish. Keep in mind every year you will lose 5 points
1.1 After your graduation, you will grant PGWP. If you can find a job in NOC O A B, you will get some points (around 30+ according to my knowledge)
2. Language: You might need a CLB 10 and additional certificate in French.
3. If you spouse can take a IELTS and have a degree, it might help to increase you point
4. Get PNP

Regardless, you need to play with CRS tool to find the best option for you.

Hang tight and you will make it!

Cheers

PPSB15

Star Member
Feb 26, 2016
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
04-04-2018
Nomination.....
24-08-2018
VISA ISSUED...
26-04-2019
I understand how you feel, but don't give up. Try applying for visitor visa, once you're there apply for work permit, after working for a year you'll be eligible or have enough points to apply for PR.

jaffaral

Champion Member
Jun 29, 2014
Category........
Other
It seems these days an average person with only a bachelors degree won’t be able to score well on CRS scale without a masters degree. When I say average, I mean no French skills, no Canadian education or sibling, CLB 9 ielts.

I wonder why don’t they see foreign experience. The OP has 12+ experience and I m pretty sure he will have a better chance to land into a relevant job than those with a foreign masters and 3 years of experience.

Even though I can’t be happy and satisfied more because of having my application approved but I must say EE has its flaws

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello Folks,

So, I worked in USA for a while. VISA got rejected, sent back home to India.

I appeared for IELTS (without much preparation) and managed to get CLB 9. I am B.Tech engineer. Due to my age (33), my CRS score is landing at 416.

The average CRS score for direct entry seems to be around 450 (+/- 10) and my score is no where close to that. I am a Manager in a reputed IT company (think IBM, Accenture, Deloitte) with over 12 years of experience. I know I can apply to PNP but it seems it is very difficult to get PNP for my NOC (IT Manager) where job offered or family connection is not required. Manitoba is one option but it requires connection.

This is so depressing. I can try to do masters but it is easy said than done. Worst, I don't even know if it will be recognized by WES. I can try to learn French but that is another uphill battle.

I am a very hard working person. I have always given my 100% to everything. I am only doing this to give a life of comfort (pollution free city, developed country, tad better work life balance compared to India, culture etc) to my wife and US born child (who will be 1 year in few months).

Do you folks have any suggestions? What should I do? Focus on learning French, try for Masters or keep hoping for PNP?

Best,
Your Friend (looking for some hope)
I would recommend that you get a Masters - but also keep your profile active and hope for PNP. You also have room to improve your IELTS score - I would definitely do that.

I would not recommend that you study French. It typically takes a year and a half of serious / focused study to achieve a level of fluency that will give you additional points.