+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Deported on grounds of lack of funds(International student)

Helican

Champion Member
Aug 18, 2017
India
Visa Office......
bangalore
VISA ISSUED...
08-17-2017
LANDED..........
Sept 2, 2017
This same happened to my friend at Montreal airport. Actually the officers over there want to check their funds for second year college fees and living cost and they ask for funds proof. My friend has to wait for nearly 8 hours to get his study permit. Total 8 students has been deported for this reason.
that is not deportation. They were just denied study permit and not allowed to enter.

Helican

Champion Member
Aug 18, 2017
India
Visa Office......
bangalore
VISA ISSUED...
08-17-2017
LANDED..........
Sept 2, 2017
This same happened to my friend at Montreal airport. Actually the officers over there want to check their funds for second year college fees and living cost and they ask for funds proof. My friend has to wait for nearly 8 hours to get his study permit. Total 8 students has been deported for this reason.
so all 8 at Montreal airport?

jweekend

Champion Member
Dec 13, 2019
Makes no sense ircc rules say only for 1 year tuition fees is required there must be a reason why were they specifically asked about their 2nd year fees
It is very common to get refused entry at the border if the CBSA detects fraudulent application or document misrepresentation.

On another note, I've read on a news article somewhere before that IELTS forgery is so rampant, these foreign students when they arrive at the border and questioned by the CBSA officers, their language skill demonstrated during the face-to-face with the officer totally do not match up with their IELTS documents and were all refused permit and entry.

GMP97

Jun 25, 2019
Pakistan, Karachi
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
22-11-2019
Passport Req..
19-12-2019
VISA ISSUED...
23/12/2019
LANDED..........
25/12/2019
It is very common to get refused entry at the border if the CBSA detects fraudulent application or document misrepresentation.

On another note, I've read on a news article somewhere before that IELTS forgery is so rampant, these foreign students when they arrive at the border and questioned by the CBSA officers, their language skill demonstrated during the face-to-face with the officer totally do not match up with their IELTS documents and were all refused permit and entry.
well considering OP did not upload the page that explained his entry refusal reason that might indeed be the case good thing for us genuine students throw them out