+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Deported in 2007. Want to re-enter Canada July/Aug.

Jun 8, 2012
I was deported for over staying my 6 month visa, and I wanted to go to Toronto to get married. I was told by the Embassy if it has been passed my 12 months I can return and subject to normal examination at the port of entry. But the thing is, the Canadian gov paid for my deportation. Do I need to apply for an ARC to re-enter? Or just pay it some how then I can re-enter showing proof?

Thank you, Jean.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
If you were deported then you definitely need an ARC. You will also likely have to re-pay the government for the costs of your deportation. More details here:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/inadmissibility/arc.asp

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Just to add - to the best of my knowledge, ARCs take several months to process. So returning here July or August is probably not feasible.

Jun 8, 2012
This is what I was told by the Canadian Embassy.

"If you were issued an Exclusion Order (form number IMM 1214B) and
12 months have passed since you left Canada and
you have a Certificate of Departure (IMM 0056B) showing the date you left Canada

you do not need to apply for an Authorization to Return to Canada ( ARC) . You may return to Canada subject to normal examination at the port of entry."

So I have to file a application, and get an ARC also? I am out of France.

Thank you, Jean.

Jun 8, 2012
I been on that link all night. Thank you! :) But I am not understanding it because on there it says I don't need to get an ARC since my time has passed, but yet for the repaying of the government I need to file an application. So with this application I still need to do an ARC also? I do'nt know what application too do either. Would it be a Temporary Resident Visa? It's only for 5 to 7 days I want to stay there no longer.

I seen this link for the applications.

cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/visa.asp

Thanks, Jean.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Exclusion Orders, Departure Orders and Deportations are three different things that have different consequences (see the link I provided to the CIC web site - this page provides the official information for each).

If you only have an Exclusion or Departure Order (with no deportation) - then you don't need an ARC. But if you were eventually deported - then you need an ARC to return.

Jun 8, 2012
scylla said:
Exclusion Orders, Departure Orders and Deportations are three different things that have different consequences (see the link I provided to the CIC web site - this page provides the official information for each).

If you only have an Exclusion or Departure Order (with no deportation) - then you don't need an ARC. But if you were eventually deported - then you need an ARC to return.
Oh okay, yeah I had an Exclusion order for 1 year. Then I was deported later on. So I would need an ARC anyways. Alright thank you. I seen the link you gave me thank you been at it all night. Just had a hard time understanding it all. But it takes me to another link. One I posted before this comment, just no idea what one to do as in application. For the Application For Temporary Resident Visa (TRV). Like what IMM # I should download to fill up.

Thanks, Jean.

Jun 8, 2012
What are the chances of getting an ARC approved? I wanted to meet my girlfriends parents. We already traveled to a few places around the world in vacation spots and since we are both from Europe she always comes here every few months to be with me. And is it hard to get it approved? Being from France and all? I had an exclusion for 1 year in 2007. Was wondering what my chances are. Or if we should just get married, and then file for the ARC to get approved then the paper work?

Thank you, Jean.