+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Deported from USA-interested in Express Entry Canada

Oct 14, 2017
I was deported from us as I was working on student visa.I have applied for Pcc from Fbi and I got,
“A SEARCH OF THE FINGERPRINTS PROVIDED BY
THIS INDIVIDUAL HAS REVEALED PRIOR
ARREST DATA AT THE FBI. THIS DOES NOT
PRECLUDE FURTHER CRIMINAL HISTORY AT THE STATE OR LOCAL LEVEL.”
Does this impact if I applied under express entry in canada?

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
Yes, this does make a difference. You could still get your PR, but you’re definitely going to have to explain the circumstances of this police record.

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
Explain at what stage?? While entering to canada?
No, while submitting your application. You’ll have to provide a letter of explanation, and also say that you were deported (its one of the questions asked in the initial application)

It’s not impossible to get a PR, but this does make it harder.

Oct 14, 2017
No, while submitting your application. You’ll have to provide a letter of explanation, and also say that you were deported (its one of the questions asked in the initial application)

It’s not impossible to get a PR, but this does make it harder.
That means at initial stage only I get idea?

clguy

Apr 7, 2017
I was deported from us as I was working on student visa.I have applied for Pcc from Fbi and I got,
“A SEARCH OF THE FINGERPRINTS PROVIDED BY
THIS INDIVIDUAL HAS REVEALED PRIOR
ARREST DATA AT THE FBI. THIS DOES NOT
PRECLUDE FURTHER CRIMINAL HISTORY AT THE STATE OR LOCAL LEVEL.”
Does this impact if I applied under express entry in canada?

How were you caught? Someone must have told on you. Your situation is not unique. Based on your reason for deportation, it does not make you inadmissible to Canada. In fact, your case is no more difficult than the person who was never deported. Like 21Goose says just write a letter of explanation to explain the circumstances under which you were deported. Simply put: you violated the terms of admissions to the United States as a F1 student by working without authorization.

Last edited:
Oct 14, 2017
How were you caught? Someone must have told on you. Your situation is not unique. Based on your reason for deportation, it does not make you inadmissible to Canada. In fact, your case is no more difficult than the person who was never deported. Like 21Goose says just write a letter of explanation to explain the circumstances under which you were deported. Simply put: you violated the terms of admissions to the United States as a F1 student by working without authorization.
What could be the best explanation!!!

clguy

Apr 7, 2017
What could be the best explanation!!!
Based on the information you provided this is the explanation I would give: I violated the terms of admissions to the United States as a F1 student by working without authorization.

How were you caught and what transpired? Were you given voluntary departure?

Oct 14, 2017
I reached at ohare airport,Chicago. Immigration officer start asking questions and send me for interrogation. The person checked my phone and found one photo of mine standing behind the cash counter and also found contact no of gas station where I was working..that’s all..
They booked my ticket for very next flight towards India.

clguy

Apr 7, 2017
I reached at ohare airport,Chicago. Immigration officer start asking questions and send me for interrogation. The person checked my phone and found one photo of mine standing behind the cash counter and also found contact no of gas station where I was working..that’s all..
They booked my ticket for very next flight towards India.
What did they stamp in your passport? Did they give you the opportunity to withdraw your application for admission to the United States?

Raz0r

Jul 9, 2017
From where did you get the idea of working while you were only authorized to study??? Didn't you know of such a law or did someone advice you to try your luck???

I would suggest to consult with an Immigration Lawyer regarding your scenario. Good luck.

clguy

Apr 7, 2017
It was red stamp on visa page itself..I didn’t get any opportunity to withdraw...
Ok. It doesn't matter. That doesn't make you inadmissible to Canada. Just explain the circumstances under which you were deported. See a brief explanation below. Feel free to expound on it

I violated the terms of admissions to the United States as a F1 student by working without authorization. While returning to the United States from (wherever you went) I was found inadmissible upon arrival at the Chicago O'hare airport and subsequently deported to my native country, India.