+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Deported From USA in 2017. Am I eligible for PR in canada?

Smit102

Jan 30, 2019
Hello,
Myself smit. I got student visa (f1) of USA in 2015. I came back to India to visit my family in Feb 2017 for a month. When I was going back to USA in Mar 2017, I got deported from USA as they fpund that I was working while studying. ( Off-campus work, getting caah salaries ). And also got 5 years Ban from USA.

Later in 2018 I applied for CANADA Student visa but I was refused and handed the reason of USA Student visa past history as main cause of refusal even though My all other profile was very good.

So please can anybody tell me that I am eligible for PR in canada or my USA ban will affect my entry in CANADA?

THANKS IN ADVANCE TO ALL REPLIES.

hawk39

Mar 26, 2017
Because you did not report your US deportation when you applied for the Canadian student visa, I think you were denied because that would be considered misrepresentation, are now banned from entering Canada and ineligible for PR for a few years as well.

Reactions: Smit102

Smit102

Jan 30, 2019
Because you did not report your US deportation when you applied for the Canadian student visa, I think you were denied because that would be considered misrepresentation, are now banned from entering Canada and ineligible for PR for a few years as well.

Thanks for replying.

I have mentioned my USA deportation while applying for canada student visa.

But now the main question is that, is there any chance of getting PR from Canada?

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Just keep all your information consistent with anything you sent with your study permit application so do not hide anything. Nobody here can guarantee anything of course but you can only apply and see what happens