+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Deported from USA, I want to go to Canada

Green1

Feb 16, 2018
After I graduated from my University in US on Dce 2016, I stayed more than 90 days, I was on F1visa.. The US immigration called me and I went to them then I got locked ..however, I got deported to Saudi and I can’t go back to US for 10 years!
My question is, if I apply for asylum to Canada is the deportation that I got from USA will affect my asylum application in Canada ?
* I don’t have real crime records just an old DUI on 2010 & 2011
Thank you.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
The short answer is no.

You can't apply for asylum from Saudi. You would need to get a TRV (tourist visa) to Canada, fly here, and claim refugee status when you arrive.

There's zero chance a TRV is going to be approved. First of all, the fact you were deported from the US will be a concern for Canadian officials. Secondly, you are currently inadmissible to Canada due to your DUIs. You cannot enter Canada without applying for rehabilitation first.

Green1

Feb 16, 2018
The short answer is no.

You can't apply for asylum from Saudi. You would need to get a TRV (tourist visa) to Canada, fly here, and claim refugee status when you arrive.

There's zero chance a TRV is going to be approved. First of all, the fact you were deported from the US will be a concern for Canadian officials. Secondly, you are currently inadmissible to Canada due to your DUIs. You cannot enter Canada without applying for rehabilitation first.
The short answer is no.

1- I already know that I can’t apply from Saudi ...
2-I got my visit visa to Canada last month.
2- There is no need for rehabilitation if a person done with his/her DUIs classes. Or pass 5 years!

Please don’t answer if you don’t have a real experience
Thank you.

Last edited:

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
2- There is no need for rehabilitation if a person done with his/her DUIs classes. Or pass 5 years!

Thank you.
It's very surprising your visitor visa was approved. Hope you declared your US immigration history and your DUIs in the application.

Yes, there is a need to apply for rehab - unless both of the DUIs took place in Canada. Deemed rehabilitation doesn't apply until at least 10 years have passed from the time the last DUI sentence was completed. And even then - it's at the discretion of CIC and in some cases a rehab application is still demanded. At 5 years you are eligible to apply for rehabilitation - you are not deemed rehabilitated.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=155&top=8

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12

Thank you.
Deported from the US last year and the 2 DUIs? You would not have been approved for a TRV unless you lied.

And DUIs are most definitely "real crimes".

kfay2019

Feb 11, 2018

Thank you.
hi dear how are you

im in saudia can discuss this matter with you send me mail kfay2019@gmail.com

meyakanor

Jul 26, 2013
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
App. Filed.......
16-02-2012
Doc's Request.
26-02-2013
AOR Received.
21-03-2012
Med's Request
21-03-2013
Passport Req..
16-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
29-04-2013
LANDED..........
16-05-2013
I hope you have disclosed your two DUIs and your overstay issue on your visa application. In which case, they would have issued the visa by mistake, and you should return it. Come clean, return your visa, then you can apply for rehabilitation because over five years have passed (consult with lawyer for the specifics, since nobody here is an expert).

This is important, especially if you're planning to apply for any permanent status in Canada. Let's say you lie your way to your citizenship. Even years and decades after naturalization, they can always look back to your application for PR and visitor's visa, and when they find out that you have knowingly lied (especially in matters which directly affect admissibility), then they would very likely start the process to revoke your citizenship.

And as @scylla mentioned, rehabilitation is something you need to apply for. To be deemed rehabilitated, 10 years must have passed.

As it is right now, you are inadmissible (DUI is hybrid offence in Canada, and foreign nationals are automatically inadmissible if they have been convicted of hybrid offences).

(2) A foreign national is inadmissible on grounds of criminality for

• (a) having been convicted in Canada of an offence under an Act of Parliament punishable by way of indictment, or of two offences under any Act of Parliament not arising out of a single occurrence;

• (b) having been convicted outside Canada of an offence that, if committed in Canada, would constitute an indictable offence under an Act of Parliament, or of two offences not arising out of a single occurrence that, if committed in Canada, would constitute offences under an Act of Parliament;

• (c) committing an act outside Canada that is an offence in the place where it was committed and that, if committed in Canada, would constitute an indictable offence under an Act of Parliament; or

• (d) committing, on entering Canada, an offence under an Act of Parliament prescribed by regulations.

http://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/acts/I-2.5/section-36.html
Deportation from the US alone by itself does not make you inadmissible to Canada (though it would make it that much harder to obtain a visit visa). Your DUIs, however, do.

Last edited:

kfay2019

Feb 11, 2018
After I graduated from my University in US on Dce 2016, I stayed more than 90 days, I was on F1visa.. The US immigration called me and I went to them then I got locked ..however, I got deported to Saudi and I can’t go back to US for 10 years!
My question is, if I apply for asylum to Canada is the deportation that I got from USA will affect my asylum application in Canada ?
Thank you.
does they deport from us do you have any deportation stamp on your passport

meyakanor

Jul 26, 2013
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
App. Filed.......
16-02-2012
Doc's Request.
26-02-2013
AOR Received.
21-03-2012
Med's Request
21-03-2013
Passport Req..
16-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
29-04-2013
LANDED..........
16-05-2013
does they deport from us do you have any deportation stamp on your passport
You have to understand that, it should not matter whether you would or would not get deportation stamp on your passport. When you apply for visa (or any immigration benefit), it is very very important to tell the truth. Knowingly lying can have very severe consequences, and any benefits which you derive from lying to immigration (including citizenship) can be stripped away due to misrepresentation.

kfay2019

Feb 11, 2018
You have to understand that, it should not matter whether you would or would not get deportation stamp on your passport. When you apply for visa (or any immigration benefit), it is very very important to tell the truth. Knowingly lying can have very severe consequences, and any benefits which you derive from lying to immigration (including citizenship) can be stripped away due to misrepresentation.
yeah thank you

bcz my friend got email from ryadhvisa@international.gc.ca that your visa cancelled due to post on this website that you intend you apply asylam in canada

ypaul

Star Member
Nov 11, 2017
India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
12-01-2018
Thank you.
Saudi is not a war torn country, unless you are a minority there who faces persecution, it would be next to impossible to convince that you need asylum. Asylum is for people who really need it.

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
The other issue will be having spent several years in the US without claiming assylum. I would expect it would be a difficult claim to have accepted.

Reactions: jddd
R

rish888

With all the DUI debate, I think the following question is pertinent: In which country did the DUI occur and how much did the OP blow?

As Canada's limit is 0.08, if he blew below then he isn't inadmissible. (because most countries have a limit below 0.08)

If it happened in the US or if the OP blew over 0.08 then he is inadmissible.

I'm still surprised that he was granted a visa. (assuming he came clean) because a 10 year US ban is generally only for serious overstays.

Other than the above:

Asylum is not an option. No doubt about this.

Look at PR. If you're the right age and have been working in Saudi Arabia you should probably qualify. (unless the DUI was above 0.08.)

If PR is not an option, look at pursuing further education in Canada. A Canadian education leads to work permits which can lead to PR.