+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Deported from USA for overstay, wha are the chances of getting Canada tourists visa

Kp Singh

Sep 18, 2017
Hi everyone,

I just have a quick question regarding my father visa application.

My father was deported from USA back in 2013. He is inadmissible in USA for 5 years.

I live in Canada on work permit. I am applying for my fathers visitor visa. Does the US deportation have a negative impact on Canda visitor visa application. He is a retired person and I support him financially.

Any response will be highly appreciated

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
It certainly will. His chances of approval are pretty much zero as he has a history of disregarding immigration law.

Kp Singh

Sep 18, 2017
It certainly will. His chances of approval are pretty much zero as he has a history of disregarding immigration law.
Hi, thanks for your reply Buletruck.

He overstayed in USA because of a health issue. Having said that, he has no record in Canada. My question is if that is something that makes him completely inadmissible to Canada, not according to the inadmissiblity infor available on cic. I mean a mistake done in past for what he is already suffering the punishment for and that too in a different country.

What makes him inadmissible to Canada?

jman25

Jul 27, 2017

He overstayed in USA because of a health issue. Having said that, he has no record in Canada. My question is if that is something that makes him completely inadmissible to Canada, not according to the inadmissiblity infor available on cic. I mean a mistake done in past for what he is already suffering the punishment for and that too in a different country.

It doesn't matter. That is a huge red flag and will most likely result in a visa refusal.

Reactions: canuck78

Jtpolzin

Star Member
Aug 30, 2017

Hes not inadmissible but without a rock solid application which shows exactly why he will return to him home country no questions ask he is not likely to be approved since he shows disregard in the past. There is a difference between inadmissible and very unlikely, remember USA and Canada share immigration information so Canada will know exactly why and when he got deported.

Even more so since hes retired and you support him. Why would he want to leave Canada?

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
Hi everyone,

My father was deported from USA back in 2013. He is inadmissible in USA for 5 years.

I live in Canada on work permit. I am applying for my fathers visitor visa. Does the US deportation have a negative impact on Canda visitor visa application. He is a retired person and I support him financially.

Also, 2013 is still too recent, and it's likely he hasn't shown any ties or travel history to suggest that he is not doing this type of behavior again.

Antony12

Star Member
Apr 11, 2016
Hi everyone,

Hi,
Did you got your father's visit visa approved in Canada? we also have a similar situation. It would be great if you can share your application results!!

rai786

Star Member
Sep 12, 2017
I have similar case with my father , i have applied 4 times visitor visa and 2 times supervisa but unfortunately it turned out to be refusal after refusal now i have lost every hope of my father getting visa

Frymybheja

Oct 8, 2021
I have similar case with my father , i have applied 4 times visitor visa and 2 times supervisa but unfortunately it turned out to be refusal after refusal now i have lost every hope of my father getting visa
How old is your father ? Is he retired ?

Frymybheja

Oct 8, 2021
he is around 63
In most of the cases if you reapply US visa after overstay (for aged parents), they generally are given fresh US visa. I feel that's the only way to get Canada visa. First get the US visa again and then apply Canada.

Mine is not similar case but my father's Canada visa was denied in 2019. He was 62 then. So we applied US visa in 2021 with little hopes and his US visa was approved. So we again applied his Canada visa in 2022 while he was in US and he got the stamped visa last month.

We did setup his fixed deposits etc after his visa was denied and got proper documentation for finances so when we applied in 2022, his finances showed better.

rai786

Star Member
Sep 12, 2017
but what are chances of getting usa visa because his first entry to USA was illegal and he applied for refugee and lived there illegally for some time after he lose his appeal for work permit

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
but what are chances of getting usa visa because his first entry to USA was illegal and he applied for refugee and lived there illegally for some time after he lose his appeal for work permit
If he has a failed refugee claim in the US, then I think the chances of getting a US visa are likely very low.

It sounds like your father has already been refused four visas to Canada (two TRVs and two super visas). Have you order GCMS notes to see the detailed reasons behind these refusals? Can he show stronger ties to his home country?

Assuming you are a PR, you may need to wait until you can sponsor him through the parent PR sponsorship process before it will be feasible for your father to come to Canada. Unfortunately his immigration history in the US makes it difficult for him to qualify for a visa to Canada. Hopefully you meet the income requirements to sponsor him for PR and can enter the lottery when it opens up next. They are increasing the number of people who will be selected through the PGP lottery this year.

rai786

Star Member
Sep 12, 2017
If he has a failed refugee claim in the US, then I think the chances of getting a US visa are likely very low.

It sounds like your father has already been refused four visas to Canada (two TRVs and two super visas). Have you order GCMS notes to see the detailed reasons behind these refusals? Can he show stronger ties to his home country?

Assuming you are a PR, you may need to wait until you can sponsor him through the parent PR sponsorship process before it will be feasible for your father to come to Canada. Unfortunately his immigration history in the US makes it difficult for him to qualify for a visa to Canada. Hopefully you meet the income requirements to sponsor him for PR and can enter the lottery when it opens up next. They are increasing the number of people who will be selected through the PGP lottery this year.
That’s the problem i have been trying in this lottery system for last 4 years and nobody knows if we even gonna get selected in this lifetime

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
That’s the problem i have been trying in this lottery system for last 4 years and nobody knows if we even gonna get selected in this lifetime
Hopefully you'll get lucky this year. I think this is really your best bet for getting your father here. Good luck.