+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Deported from USA, can i visit or study in Canada?

Negrete

May 8, 2018
hi
I was deported from the USA. I do not have a criminal record or committed an aggravated felony. Can i go visit or can i study a master degree in canada.? My wife and kids are US citizen. Thanks for your help

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
hi
I was deported from the USA. I do not have a criminal record or committed an aggravated felony. Can i go visit or can i study a master degree in canada.? My wife and kids are US citizen. Thanks for your help
What was the reason for your deportation?
Where does your family live?

Negrete

May 8, 2018
Hi thanks for your quote
My family live in mexico with me...
The officer said that i was living in the united states during the period when my wife was a US resident (not a citizen) they denied me the enter in the border. Thats it.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi thanks for your quote
My family live in mexico with me...
The officer said that i was living in the united states during the period when my wife was a US resident (not a citizen) they denied me the enter in the border. Thats it.
Unfortunately, your chances of getting any temporary visa (visitor, study or work permit) are almost zero

Negrete

May 8, 2018
Ok i got it
But there is not a biometric requirement for mexican citizen. How canadian authorities are gonna know bout my deportation? Thanks again.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
hi
Agree with what everyone else has said. Any sort of temporary status (visitor visa, study permit, work permit) isn't possible. You'll need to declare your overstay + deportation and as soon as you do that you'll be refused. Also, your past immigration history will be easily discovered if you lie in your application since records are shared between the US and Canada - and then you'll be refused and banned from Canada for five years.

If you want to move to Canada, you will have to apply to immigrate. Provided you are 100% honest about your US immigration history, you can be approved for PR with an overstay history in the US.

Reactions: Bryanna

Raditgusman

Nov 11, 2018
I served 2 years in jail back in u.s and they let me out for about 2 weeks. Right after 2 weeks the immigration put back in. Although, i have my greencard they still deported me.

What are the chances to get visa if i apply for Canada?

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
I served 2 years in jail back in u.s and they let me out for about 2 weeks. Right after 2 weeks the immigration put back in. Although, i have my greencard they still deported me.

What are the chances to get visa if i apply for Canada?
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/deported-from-usa-i-want-to-go-to-canada.544400/page-2#post-7367761
However, if deportation was involved, the chances of a Temporary Resident Visa to Canada are probably zero under these circumstances. A PR application would depend on the admissibility status of the applicant.

Reactions: Bryanna
Sep 30, 2020
Hello sir , i crossed the usa border from Mexico illegel then they deported me from detention center i never been stay outside in usa and now can i apply for canada spouse open work permit because my wife is studying in canada

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
Hello sir , i crossed the usa border from Mexico illegel then they deported me from detention center i never been stay outside in usa and now can i apply for canada spouse open work permit because my wife is studying in canada
As with all the other similar cases in this thread... you can apply, but it will be rejected.

Your best bet is for your wife to apply for PR with you as her dependent, and you must declare the illegal crossing and deportation.

Reactions: scylla

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I agree with the advice you have been given above. You can try applying however your application is pretty much guaranteed to be refused due to your immigration history in the U.S.

Your spouse should focus on qualifying for PR through an immigration program like Express Entry. You can be included in the PR application as a dependent. Once the PR application is approved, you will be able to come to Canada.

Make sure you declare your immigration history in the U.S., specifically the deportation, in any applications to Canada (work permit application, immigration application). If you fail to do so, this is misrepresentation and you'll end up with a 5 year ban from Canada.

Reactions: bellaluna
Sep 30, 2020
As with all the other similar cases in this thread... you can apply, but it will be rejected.

Your best bet is for your wife to apply for PR with you as her dependent, and you fr must declare the illegal crossing and deportation.
Sir , how can she apply as dependent and when’ll she apply for it ?