+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Deported from USA. Am I eligible for CANADA PR?

Smit102

Jan 30, 2019
Hello,
Myself smit. I got student visa (f1) of USA in 2015. I came back to India to visit my family in Feb 2017 for a month. When I was going back to USA in Mar 2017, I got deported from USA as they fpund that I was working while studying. ( Off-campus work, getting caah salaries ). And also got 5 years Ban from USA.

Later in 2018 I applied for CANADA Student visa but I was refused and handed the reason of USA Student visa past history as main cause of refusal even though My all other profile was very good.

So please can anybody tell me that I am eligible for PR in canada or my USA ban will affect my entry in CANADA?

THANKS IN ADVANCE TO ALL REPLIES.

tobs

VIP Member
May 25, 2018
Nigeria
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-07-2018
AOR Received.
10-07-2018
Passport Req..
04-01-2019
Hello,
Myself smit. I got student visa (f1) of USA in 2015. I came back to India to visit my family in Feb 2017 for a month. When I was going back to USA in Mar 2017, I got deported from USA as they fpund that I was working while studying. ( Off-campus work, getting caah salaries ). And also got 5 years Ban from USA.

Later in 2018 I applied for CANADA Student visa but I was refused and handed the reason of USA Student visa past history as main cause of refusal even though My all other profile was very good.

So please can anybody tell me that I am eligible for PR in canada or my USA ban will affect my entry in CANADA?

THANKS IN ADVANCE TO ALL REPLIES.
When you were denied the student visa to Canada were you given a ban?
If you weren't, you may apply but ensure you declare the refusals and if necessary/ required the USA ban.

Reactions: Smit102

Smit102

Jan 30, 2019
Thanks for replying.

With canada sstudent visa refusal, they didn't banned me from canada they just refused my student visa file.

As I got good score in IELTS as well as i have 2 years of work experience but I was worried about the USA history. ( Don't have any criminal offense, I am clean in criminal record in USA)

The main question is that will my past history affect my chances to get work permit ?

tobs

VIP Member
May 25, 2018
Nigeria
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-07-2018
AOR Received.
10-07-2018
Passport Req..
04-01-2019
Thanks for replying.

With canada sstudent visa refusal, they didn't banned me from canada they just refused my student visa file.

As I got good score in IELTS as well as i have 2 years of work experience but I was worried about the USA history. ( Don't have any criminal offense, I am clean in criminal record in USA)

The main question is that will my past history affect my chances to get work permit ?
Permanent residency is different from work permit. Apply for the PR and be honest with all the info required. You'll be fine.
Search this forum for other posts where your question has been answered numerous times.

Raz0r

Jul 9, 2017
Thanks for replying.

You can try applying, but be ready to face the end-result. Do not be disheartened, try to consult with an Immigration Lawyer as well. Good luck.