+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Deported from the US but has visited canada and Australia and has not been stopped by immigration of

Tharealdotconnector

Oct 5, 2019
Hi

I have a question and I will give much details as I can . Now i have Norwegian girlfriend she lived in the states for a while but got arrested after she got into a physical fight with someone, she was young and dumb . She spent 5 months in county jail and was deported back to norway. She was also told not to even visit canada cause she will be sent back. After 3 years, she applied for ETA and was approved and ever since she has been to Canada like 5 times now , now we plan going to canada to attend college will she have a problem . I mean ppl say the US share info with canada so am wondering how come it never came up ? Presently she is even in Australia so I wonder how come none of this comes up . If I am not mistaken I think when she was in the states she was only a permanent resident in norway and not a citizen. So how is this possible that nothing came up yet . And will she face a problem if she decides to go with me to canada to study .

Thanks

jddd

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2017
Did she answer the ETA questions truthfully? Did she say yes when asked if she has been charged with anything? If not, yes you should expect problems for misrepresentation.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi

I have a question and I will give much details as I can . Now i have Norwegian girlfriend she lived in the states for a while but got arrested after she got into a physical fight with someone, she was young and dumb . She spent 5 months in county jail and was deported back to norway. She was also told not to even visit canada cause she will be sent back. After 3 years, she applied for ETA and was approved and ever since she has been to Canada like 5 times now , now we plan going to canada to attend college will she have a problem . I mean ppl say the US share info with canada so am wondering how come it never came up ? Presently she is even in Australia so I wonder how come none of this comes up . If I am not mistaken I think when she was in the states she was only a permanent resident in norway and not a citizen. So how is this possible that nothing came up yet . And will she face a problem if she decides to go with me to canada to study .

Thanks
Did she declare the arrest and deporation in her eTA application? Did she answer all questions in the eTA application truthfully?

Tharealdotconnector

Oct 5, 2019
Did she answer the ETA questions truthfully? Did she say yes when asked if she has been charged with anything? If not, yes you should expect problems for misrepresentation.
Yes .... now I made a mistake , when she was deported from the states she hasn't gotten her PR for norway yet .she was deported back to her country of birth. When she she was there she applied visas to the uk, netherlands and germany and was approved, mind u her finger print was taken ... so I just wonder how there is no red flag and even at that ETA was meant to run applicant names through RCMP to see if the person is a risk to canada ..

Tharealdotconnector

Oct 5, 2019
Did she declare the arrest and deporation in her eTA application? Did she answer all questions in the eTA application truthfully?
I promise you she did thats the craziest thing , okay let's say she didn't right how come when she filled out ETA application it never popped up . Because I have seen some post here where some folks said they never mentioned they were refused a US visa but somehow the Canadian immigration found out. So how come they didn't find out about hers

Tharealdotconnector

Oct 5, 2019
And not only her , but I also did some digging I know a friend who knows a friend that got arrested in the france for getting involved into something criminal got sentenced to 3years . Got deported and applied for a US visa and was approved mind u his finger print was taken ... once again let's say he did not mention he was deported, how come the system never picked it up

Tharealdotconnector

Oct 5, 2019
We spoke to a lawyer about it and he too was surprised and wondered why she was never stopped or denied . Same things asked did she notify immigration that she has been deported and she said yes , matter fact she has a print out of the application... he too couldn't give us an answer