+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Deportation from the US and immigration to Canada

Blessed Boy

Apr 13, 2019
Hello,

I was deported from the US in 2017 at the Chicago POE after the immigration officer discovered I had obtained a B1/B2 VISA to come work in the US for a short time. I wasn't banned but my VISA was revoked.

I have since travelled to several european countries and returned home without any issues. My economic status has changed for the better too.

Right now, my wife and I are thinking of applying to move to Canada using the Skilled Worker/Professional Immigration basis. We want to make her the reference point for the application because she is more skilled and qualified.

So my question is, if we get to the level where I have to appear to get our VISA/PR, would my travel history to the US affect our application and what can we do to prevent any negative outcome.

We intend to tell the truth because my US deportation issue was a big mistake on my part and an unfortunate incident that I have left behind.

Please your comments are welcome.

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
Yes, it will affect your application. However, it's not impossible for you to get a PR. You would need to write a letter explaining the circumstances of your deportation, and how you've never had any issues since. Provide evidence to show that this was a one-off and a mistake that you have left behind.

Start thinking about what you would say and drafting the letter now.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hello,

I was deported from the US in 2017 at the Chicago POE after the immigration officer discovered I had obtained a B1/B2 VISA to come work in the US for a short time. I wasn't banned but my VISA was revoked.

I have since travelled to several european countries and returned home without any issues. My economic status has changed for the better too.

Right now, my wife and I are thinking of applying to move to Canada using the Skilled Worker/Professional Immigration basis. We want to make her the reference point for the application because she is more skilled and qualified.

So my question is, if we get to the level where I have to appear to get our VISA/PR, would my travel history to the US affect our application and what can we do to prevent any negative outcome.

We intend to tell the truth because my US deportation issue was a big mistake on my part and an unfortunate incident that I have left behind.

Please your comments are welcome.
Provided you fully declare it, it will have no effect on the app.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Yes, it will affect your application. However, it's not impossible for you to get a PR. You would need to write a letter explaining the circumstances of your deportation, and how you've never had any issues since. Provide evidence to show that this was a one-off and a mistake that you have left behind.

Start thinking about what you would say and drafting the letter now.
If declared, it won't affect the app. A letter is not needed.

Fatorami

Apr 12, 2019
First tell the truth because Canada and us shared information plus if u didn’t have a criminal history you are fine good luck