+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Deportated from Canada

F

Fernandita

Hi, I have a friend who got married. Her husband he used to be refugee claimant but didnt win his case and was deported from Canada.. She started the sponsorship outland in Mexico... He had an interview last May and he was approval for sponsorship... but He is still in Mexico... The question that She has is how long it will take to him to be able to come back?

westy888

Jan 8, 2011
i hope this will help and i think it say about 17 months for mexico from the date she started the sponsorship but i hope others confirm what i have just said as iam just going on what i have been told about how long it will will take me from this web page also

is this correct what i have said ?

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/perm-fc.asp

westy

F

Fernandita

Ohh 17 months for people who were deported... yeah maybe you' are right...cause his file was started the sponsorship process on december 2009 and he was called for an interview on May 2010, IO said it was approved for sponsorship, but I think the case is taking long time because of the deportation...

westy888

Jan 8, 2011
i dont know if him being deported will make it longer or not all i know is that from the day your friend sent in the sponsorship forms it takes 17 months for someone from mexico to be given the PR

sorry i dont have more info as iam just finding out stuff here myself so if it doesnt affect the process then i would say he should get it this april if everything goes well i hope and if they say it was approved then not long to wait :)

westy

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

westy888 said:
i dont know if him being deported will make it longer or not all i know is that from the day your friend sent in the sponsorship forms it takes 17 months for someone from mexico to be given the PR

sorry i dont have more info as iam just finding out stuff here myself so if it doesnt affect the process then i would say he should get it this april if everything goes well i hope and if they say it was approved then not long to wait :)

westy
1. Yes it will be longer than the 15 months quoted for 80% of the spousal applications, as he will require an Approval to Return to Canada (ARC) which is another processing delay.