+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Dependents Visa Application for a Student Visa Applicant

syedms25

May 2, 2017
Hi,
My wife has received a letter of acceptance from a college in Ontario and we intend that our four kids (all below 16 years) should accompany her. I've filled up the application form and mentioned the names of the four children who will accompany her. I've paid the CAD 150/- for the student visa application but I don't know if I need to submit any application for the children or pay anything for their visa fees. How do I apply and which form do I fill up to submit to the Canadian embassy alongwith my wife's application.
Any ideas or information will be most helpful and appreciated. BTW on the CIC website I read that dependent children under 18 years do not need a student permit.

Moana30

May 30, 2017
Hi,
My wife has received a letter of acceptance from a college in Ontario and we intend that our four kids (all below 16 years) should accompany her. I've filled up the application form and mentioned the names of the four children who will accompany her. I've paid the CAD 150/- for the student visa application but I don't know if I need to submit any application for the children or pay anything for their visa fees. How do I apply and which form do I fill up to submit to the Canadian embassy alongwith my wife's application.
Any ideas or information will be most helpful and appreciated. BTW on the CIC website I read that dependent children under 18 years do not need a student permit.
Your kids will apply together with your spouse study permit. Their application will be for Temporary resident Visa. Before you lodge your application, you will be ask initially to answer a questionnaire. That questionnaire will be your guide what are the documents needed and what will be the visa request for you and your kids.

Goodluck!

klgirl

Star Member
May 2, 2017
Your kids will apply together with your spouse study permit. Their application will be for Temporary resident Visa. Before you lodge your application, you will be ask initially to answer a questionnaire. That questionnaire will be your guide what are the documents needed and what will be the visa request for you and your kids.

Goodluck!
Actually no. I thought the same. As long as they are minors and in the schooling age, they are required to file in a study visa as well. Doesn't matter whether they are accepted in the school at this point or not. I did the same with my initial application, and then 2 weeks in to the process, I was asked by CIC to apply the kids' application under study visa (which I did). I also have a 2 year old and as said earlier, I also filed the TRV for all 3 of mine, the 2 year old's application was not required to be resubmitted. CIC also withdrew my application and are processing the refund.

The CIC website can be confusing. This is a great forum, and I believe that you will find more information and some inside stuff that you won't be able to get from CIC.

klgirl

Star Member
May 2, 2017
Hi,
Actually no. I thought the same. As long as they are minors and in the schooling age, they are required to file in a study visa as well. Doesn't matter whether they are accepted in the school at this point or not. I did the same with my initial application, and then 2 weeks in to the process, I was asked by CIC to apply the kids' application under study visa (which I did). I also have a 2 year old and as said earlier, I also filed the TRV for all 3 of mine, the 2 year old's application was not required to be resubmitted. CIC also withdrew my application and are processing the refund.

The CIC website can be confusing. This is a great forum, and I believe that you will find more information and some inside stuff that you won't be able to get from CIC.