+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Dependents landing before Primary applicant

Emjey

Feb 21, 2023
my situation is i already have portal1 and portal2 and waiting for my ECOPR my dependent(outside canada) received her passport request and already submitted at VFS hope the officer will stamp her Visa even though i don’t have ECOPR yet.

H06

Sep 26, 2017
Surrey BC
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
CIO NS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
15 March 2021 (Paper Application)
Doc's Request.
24-02-2022 Schedule A ( Dependant)
AOR Received.
24-02-2022
Med's Request
03-03-2022 Medical Passes (old medicals)
my situation is i already have portal1 and portal2 and waiting for my ECOPR my dependent(outside canada) received her passport request and already submitted at VFS hope the officer will stamp her Visa even though i don’t have ECOPR yet.
They ideally should not do that to save anyone from confusion but in practice they stamp the visa and issue the copr to dependent’s. That’s what happened in our case and when they arrive here before pa getting the copr they are in a messy situation which one should try to avoid. Hope it helps.

Emjey

Feb 21, 2023
how long you are waiting for your ECOPR? and what is your Virtual landing office? the passport request of dependent have note It’s URGENT and need to submit within 5 days and to travel here in Canada before the expiration of her medical that’s why she submitted right away even though i’m waiting my ECOPR

H06

Sep 26, 2017
Surrey BC
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
CIO NS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
24-02-2022
Med's Request
how long you are waiting for your ECOPR? and what is your Virtual landing office? the passport request of dependent have note It’s URGENT and need to submit within 5 days and to travel here in Canada before the expiration of her medical that’s why she submitted right away even though i’m waiting my ECOPR
Portal 2 submitted on 11 September and it’s still in review state. Virtual office is Montreal. Passport submission is important as it’s date bound. They tried to reach out to ircc agent all they have to say is wait ur in the cue for virtual landing. If ur dependent’s get their passport and copr they can try and travel but they would have trouble at the airport since the pa is not landed.

Emjey

Feb 21, 2023
my virtual landing office is Etobicoke, where’s your dependent country?and when your dependent landed here in Canada?

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
Well ! There is a small update in my brothers case. The pa is inland and has not got copr and the dependent’s in the home country got immigration visa and copr and on arrival at the airport in Canada they were told that they can’t land them but since they have arrived in Canada on valid documents they went on to seize their passport and gave them entry for two months pending issuing of copr to the principal applicant. Hope this helps others who might be thinking to land before the principal applicant has not got a copr.
Yes, if the dependant travels on this CoPR, their passport and landing docs will be seized at the airport. They'll be on implied status with no SIN and won't be able to work or access public health services.

Emjey

Feb 21, 2023
but once the PA received their ecopr what happen to the dependent status and documents

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
but once the PA received their ecopr what happen to the dependent status and documents
I don't know what exactly happens, but I assume since they were never landed and their documents were seized - they'll have to go to the Airport > CBSA office and get their landing procedure done.

Reactions: H06

Emjey

Feb 21, 2023
please let me know if you received your ECOPR and what’s the process of your dependent documents.thank you

H06

Sep 26, 2017
Surrey BC
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
CIO NS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
24-02-2022
Med's Request
I don't know what exactly happens, but I assume since they were never landed and their documents were seized - they'll have to go to the Airport > CBSA office and get their landing procedure done.
Exactly ! That’s what the officer told them and gave them a seizure document and told them to return once the pa receives copr and they give u date when the status expires just in case pa doesn’t get confirmation till that date they would have to go to cbsa to seek an extension. I suppose they could have done a better job at that by giving them a visitor record rather than a passport seizure.

Reactions: iSaidGoodDay

Emjey

Feb 21, 2023
if the PA received ECOPR and the dependent already landed here in canada, the dependent will be back to the port of entry where she/he’s landed?

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
if the PA received ECOPR and the dependent already landed here in canada, the dependent will be back to the port of entry where she/he’s landed?
You should really respond back in threads, will be much easier for those who are expected to reply to get your questions ;)

Tagging @H06 for answer as my answer would be purely speculative in this case.

Emjey

Feb 21, 2023
thank you for the explaining....but I look through the policy and law, only when the COPR be signed by the CBSA officer then it is activited.The case is the dependents have bought the flights and everything settled, but the PA is still wating the ecpor inland..for quite a time.
Is there any way to push IRCC issue ecopr???

Question:

how’s the processed of your dependent living outside canada and travel in canada while you the PA waiting ECOPR? did she/he land smoothly in the port of entry?

H06

Sep 26, 2017
Surrey BC
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
CIO NS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
24-02-2022
Med's Request
Question:

how’s the processed of your dependent living outside canada and travel in canada while you the PA waiting ECOPR? did she/he land smoothly in the port of entry?
CBSA would only process dependent’s if the principal applicant is issued a copr. Ircc is to be blamed for all the trouble. Cbsa only acts on the docs issued by ircc. Coming to your question about the landing, as of now the officer has told to come back to cbsa office with the copr issued to the principal applicant and they would process the landing of dependent’s at that time. Unfortunately there is no way to push ircc to issue a copr, I have read threads about ppl approaching the MPs but to hear the same response that they are in the cue. Hope it answers your questions.

mandiebraxton

VIP Member
Mar 7, 2011
Why go through all this hassle? Why not just wait a few more weeks for the PA to get their eCOPR? I can’t imagine one’s passports being seized where you can’t work or do anything. The mental torture alone is too much!

Reactions: iSaidGoodDay