+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Dependent Visa/Tourist Visa Rejected

impurush

Mar 24, 2020
Currently, I am in a Closed work permit in Canada and my spouse visa got rejected for two reasons.

1. I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.
2. Relationship with the host not established.

For point 1, what proof can I give to prove that she will go back to India.?
For point 2, I have submitted my marriage certificate and her passport has my name as her spouse field. What else can I submit to prove the relationship?

Thanks,
Purush

impurush

Mar 24, 2020
what visa did your spouse applied for? trv or sowp?
order GCMS notes before you apply again in order to address the concerns shown by visa officer.
She applied for trv.
Can we apply GCMS for travel visa also?

Last edited:

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
She applied for trv.
Can we apply GCMS for travel visa also?
1.You should be applying for an SOWP if she wants to remain in Canada with you.
2. Did you recently get married? Was it an arranged marriage? Did you date before? How many days have you spent together in person as a couple?

impurush

Mar 24, 2020
1.You should be applying for an SOWP if she wants to remain in Canada with you.
2. Did you recently get married? Was it an arranged marriage? Did you date before? How many days have you spent together in person as a couple?
1. In General, we (all my colleagues) apply dependent visa as a tourist visa.
2. Yeah, 8 months before, yes it is an arrange marriage, no, one month.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
1. In General, we (all my colleagues) apply dependent visa as a tourist visa.
2. Yeah, 8 months before, yes it is an arrange marriage, no, one month.
1. your colleagues got lucky but their spouses must have had good longterm jobs, own savings, perhaps good travel history and perhaps property ownership.
2. Since you haven’t spent much time in person it becomes tough to prove that you are in a relationship. Clearly you are married but there is a problem with marriage/immigration fraud where people have an arranged marriage to someone who has already received a visa to work, study or get PR in Canada. Then they apply for the spouse to join the person in Canada and eventually separate. They also show chat records. You will have to provide as much evidence of your relationship in addition to your marriage record and pictures (at least one picture with all the family and bride and groom). Assume you may have met to grt engaged and then to get married. That isn’t a very long time together when it comes to Western marriages. Would try to focus in pictures and things throughout the marriage or dating. Have you sent gifts, sent money, example of chats, etc.