+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Dependent VISA - Spouse Pregnancy insurance Point?

mkss30

Jun 26, 2019
Hi All,

I am currently in Toronto based on Work permit (Last 2 Months ). My wife is Pregnant (3+ months). She is going to join with me next Month July. My company provide me iA insurance which is not supporting pregnancy insurance.

Kindly let me know any insurance plan which is good for me. And any other suggestion regarding pregnancy insurance.

Thanks
Mkss30

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi All,

I am currently in Toronto based on Work permit (Last 2 Months ). My wife is Pregnant (3+ months). She is going to join with me next Month July. My company provide me iA insurance which is not supporting pregnancy insurance.

Kindly let me know any insurance plan which is good for me. And any other suggestion regarding pregnancy insurance.

Thanks
Mkss30
Most don’t cover pregnancy and if you do find a policy it will only be for emergency situations not regular appointments.

mkss30

Jun 26, 2019
Most don’t cover pregnancy and if you do find a policy it will only be for emergency situations not regular appointments.
Thanks for reply, After 3 Months as she will eligible for OHIP card they will consider pregnancy?

Even i heard that some Community Health Centres help us? Will you please advice me?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Thanks for reply, After 3 Months as she will eligible for OHIP card they will consider pregnancy?

Even i heard that some Community Health Centres help us? Will you please advice me?
Yes she will have coverage in 3months. Unsure if any free services are available. The current government has eliminated many services. You will have to be prepared to pay.

Last edited:

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I am not sure if I missed the fact that your work permit said last 2 months or if you added it. Is your work permit ending in 2 months?