+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Dependent Visa Online Application Questionnaire

CarolineMK

Jul 20, 2016
Hi,
I'm trying to complete the questionnaire for my Student visa application online. I am also applying for my dependent young children who will be coming with me. When answering the questions it asks What will the Family member be doing in Canada. If I say Visit...it gives me application forms for a visitor visa, if I say study it gives me application forms for Study. There is no option in the dropdown box for Dependent. How can I answer the questions so I can get the correct Dependent Forms. Please Help

J5M

Champion Member
May 15, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

CarolineMK said:
Hi,
I'm trying to complete the questionnaire for my Student visa application online. I am also applying for my dependent young children who will be coming with me. When answering the questions it asks What will the Family member be doing in Canada. If I say Visit...it gives me application forms for a visitor visa, if I say study it gives me application forms for Study. There is no option in the dropdown box for Dependent. How can I answer the questions so I can get the correct Dependent Forms. Please Help

There is nothing called a dependent visa. Each and every accompanying member must fill a separate TRV application, and send it together with main applicant papers.

CarolineMK

Jul 20, 2016
Ok, thank you for the clarification so what type of visa is granted for a dependent of a student? I am doing an online application, so its still confusing how I should respond to the questionnaire...

The Question is
Why is your family member visiting Canada?
the answers:
1.Visit - tourism,
2.Visit - all other types
3.Less than 6 month studies
4. Study more than 6 months
5. Work in a work permit exempted category
6. Work (Labour Market Impact Assessment Required)
7. Work with an open work permit
8. Transit

When I chose 2. Visit - all other types

It says:
Based on your answers, your family member does not need a visa to transit or visit Canada.
If you wish to continue with your application, please modify your previously answered questions.

In this case they will still need some sort of visa to stay and study for the course of our stay there 2 years.

If I chose 4. Study more than 6 months I am required to submit letters of admission for them.

mgmmaples

Jan 5, 2020
Ok, thank you for the clarification so what type of visa is granted for a dependent of a student? I am doing an online application, so its still confusing how I should respond to the questionnaire...

The Question is
Why is your family member visiting Canada?
the answers:
1.Visit - tourism,
3.Less than 6 month studies
4. Study more than 6 months
5. Work in a work permit exempted category
6. Work (Labour Market Impact Assessment Required)
7. Work with an open work permit
8. Transit

When I chose 2. Visit - all other types

It says:
Based on your answers, your family member does not need a visa to transit or visit Canada.
If you wish to continue with your application, please modify your previously answered questions.

In this case they will still need some sort of visa to stay and study for the course of our stay there 2 years.

If I chose 4. Study more than 6 months I am required to submit letters of admission for them.
Hi,
I know it has been ages, but do you still remember what have you chosen? between these two>
1.Visit - tourism,

thanks