+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Dependent open work permit passport stamping timeliness from India ???

sarang_afsha

Jul 26, 2018
Hi ,
Can anyone please help me what is the timeliness going on right now for dependent passport open work permit stamping from India ?
Its already 5 weeks we submitted the passport and VFS site only shows its currently under process .
I m clueless on when can we expect my spouse passport stamped from new delhi canada embassy.
No one is having an answer , and we have to do is wait endless being anxious and restless .

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi ,
Can anyone please help me what is the timeliness going on right now for dependent passport open work permit stamping from India ?
Its already 5 weeks we submitted the passport and VFS site only shows its currently under process .
I m clueless on when can we expect my spouse passport stamped from new delhi canada embassy.
No one is having an answer , and we have to do is wait endless being anxious and restless .
Did you apply online and you got a passport submission request?

Or did you submit a paper application?

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Paper application, and submitted passport for stamping on 22nd june through VFS in India (new delhi embassy)
There's some confusion here. It seems your wife has applied for a TRV/visitor visa and not for a SOWP.

The estimated processing time is 28 days for a TRV, but actual processing can take much longer.

She has not submitted her passport for visa stamping. Her passport was submitted as part of the original application otherwise processing would not have started.

Don't track on the VFS site. You may want to link her paper application to your online account to get the actual processing status

sarang_afsha

Jul 26, 2018
There's some confusion here. It seems your wife has applied for a TRV/visitor visa and not for a SOWP.

The estimated processing time is 28 days for a TRV, but actual processing can take much longer.

She has not submitted her passport for visa stamping. Her passport was submitted as part of the original application otherwise processing would not have started.

Don't track on the VFS site. You may want to link her paper application to your online account to get the actual processing status
Thanks for your response

sarang_afsha

Jul 26, 2018
Hi ,
I cannot really relate to this terms , open work permit for spouse was applied . We get paasport stamped and work permit letter is given at canada airport once spouse is arrived here in canada.
Its been more than 28 days , 36th day now and no clue what’s going on .
Tried to link my paper application online but details were not found.
Not sure what to do

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Its been more than 28 days , 36th day now and no clue what’s going on .
Tried to link my paper application online but details were not found.
Not sure what to do
Try linking her application by inputting the exact same details stated in her application. If an agent applied on behalf of your wife then you won't be able to link the application. Only the agent can do link it

sarang_afsha

Jul 26, 2018
Hey thank u so much for response , unfortunately there is third party involved who submitted my spouse application.
Timeliness is 28 days but we already crossed that , any idea worse case how much days it takes for stamping ?
Hopefully its not 2 months .

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hey thank u so much for response , unfortunately there is third party involved who submitted my spouse application.
As you have an authorized representative, you won't be able to link her application. You must ask your rep for the correct processing status.

Timeliness is 28 days but we already crossed that , any idea worse case how much days it takes for stamping ?
Hopefully its not 2 months .
28 days is the estimated processing time for TRVs/visitor visas. Processing for an SOWP can take much longer. Did you wife do her medicals?

sarang_afsha

Jul 26, 2018
As you have an authorized representative, you won't be able to link her application. You must ask your rep for the correct processing status.

28 days is the estimated processing time for TRVs/visitor visas. Processing for an SOWP can take much longer. Did you wife do her medicals?
Yes medicals were already done before submitting the passport. How much max I should wait for my TRV now ? Its more than 28 days . Should I expect in some days ?

sarang_afsha

Jul 26, 2018
Hey Bryanna ,
I have seen your lot of post, looks like you are quite experience in this , can you atleast give an idea recently anyone got TRV for spouse within how many days from India (or to be more specific new delhi embassy) ?
That will be help me to be lilttle restless as waiting into endless loop is just crazy
Thanks in advance

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hey Bryanna ,
I have seen your lot of post, looks like you are quite experience in this , can you atleast give an idea recently anyone got TRV for spouse within how many days from India (or to be more specific new delhi embassy) ?
That will be help me to be lilttle restless as waiting into endless loop is just crazy
Thanks in advance
A bit of advice:
Stressing and getting worried will not result in an expedited decision. I know it is easier said than done. You/your representative have done your best to prepare a good application. Hopefully, you will get a decision soon.

Here's one active thread for SOWPs from India:
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/spouse-open-work-permit-for-may-2018.564496/

How long it will take? Well, your guess is as good as mine.

I recommend that your representative/agent must link the application. It will give you a good idea about the current status