+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Dependent eligibility not started

Vasun

Dec 11, 2022
I am (inland) sponsoring my spouse and 2 children (age 18, 20). Application submitted Oct 25th and moved fast with biometrics, medical, etc. No outstanding document requests. Spouse (PA) has already received pre-arrival letter on Dec 8th, but both my children's eligibility has not yet been started (all other checks are completed). Last update on the file was from Dec 8th and no progress since then.

Anyone else experienced this situation? Does PA's completed eligibility confer similarly to Dependents as well? What would typically happen after pre-arrival letter? I am hoping this is not a bug in a hastily built system for online processing.

Thank you in advance for any insights you can share.

Reactions: Somaru-chan

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I am (inland) sponsoring my spouse and 2 children (age 18, 20). Application submitted Oct 25th and moved fast with biometrics, medical, etc. No outstanding document requests. Spouse (PA) has already received pre-arrival letter on Dec 8th, but both my children's eligibility has not yet been started (all other checks are completed). Last update on the file was from Dec 8th and no progress since then.

Anyone else experienced this situation? Does PA's completed eligibility confer similarly to Dependents as well? What would typically happen after pre-arrival letter? I am hoping this is not a bug in a hastily built system for online processing.

Are you sure your spouse got pre arrival and not just sponsor eligibility approval? it is highly unlikely to get PR approval in 2 months since you submitted your sponsorship application. Biometrics and mefical requests come very fast followed by sponsor approval and then there is usually many months with no correspondence.

Vasun

Dec 11, 2022
Yes, confirming receipt of “invitation to pre-arrival services” letter for my spouse on Dec 8; the sponsor eligibility letter was received a couple of weeks prior to that. I think some of the Oct/Nov applications have been progressing faster.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Yes, confirming receipt of “invitation to pre-arrival services” letter for my spouse on Dec 8; the sponsor eligibility letter was received a couple of weeks prior to that. I think some of the Oct/Nov applications have been progressing faster.
Wow. Have never seen processing that fast even before Covid.

Somaru-chan

Jan 20, 2022
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London

Hi Vasun.

I am in a very similar situation, almost same save for being an Outland application for me and our son. If I may ask, what happened with your kids’ eligibility? Did it turn to in progress at some point before receiving PPR?

TIA!

Kkalsi

Oct 16, 2023
Principal applicant eligibility has completed.. But why dependant eligibility still showing not started..
Do you guys have any idea about that?