+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Dependent children

ghenny

Star Member
Feb 7, 2019
Hi good morning everyone.
im here again asking question and hopefully someone can help.
CIC is offering for extended family to enter canada. My question is, im an implied status here. And i have no plan yet to return to my home country because me and my boyfriend is planning for a common law unless cic made decisions or denied my extention application.
my question is, can my boyfriend invite my kids (ages 16 and 12) to come to canda and reunite with me?
Or the chances is very low? ( no visa yet)
thank you for thosewho can reply.
Be safe everyone

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
Even if your kids do meet the definition of extended family in the exemptions to the travel restrictions, the usual TRV criteria will be in place in their application.

Their chances are very low, IMO, since you only have implied status and you do eventually intend to get sponsored, but if you can spare the $200, it doesn't hurt to try the one time in a very carefully made application.

Good luck.

Reactions: Buletruck

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Don’t believe your children would qualify to come to Canada. Even if you are common law they are not his children. What is your current status? Were you working or a visitor? If you are a visitor there will be concerns about how the children plan on going to school without a study permit and paying international fees.