+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

dependent child

jane_acueza

Nov 4, 2012
i would just like to ask if anyone on this thread has a dependent child who just finished his/her college education? did s/he enrolled another course? or did s/he worked?

because I have a daughter who is 21 years old right now, finished his college education and she wants to work. is it possible for her to work full time with TIN AND SSS? We filled our application when she was still 20 years old.

wilson

VIP Member
Oct 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
When your application was received by CIC your daughter's age was locked to 20 years. Even though the application takes much time for finalizing, her locked age will be considered and later if she is not a student, there will not be any problem. Therefore if she has completed her education after filing the application, she has the liberty to work.

hira.n

Dec 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-2008
Doc's Request.
25-11-2011
AOR Received.
16-06-2012
File Transfer...
16-06-2012
Med's Request
03-01-2013
Med's Done....
28-01-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
13-06-2013
VISA ISSUED...
23-07-2013 Alhumdulillah :)
LANDED..........
Soon In Shaa Allah :)
I had the same question :).. Was looking for answers.. I was under 22 when my sister applied for me.. I am a graduate now and wish to get some experience before i land in canada.. If CIC asks for any updated document, do we have to tell that that i have started working? I am a bit confused :/..

jane_acueza

Nov 4, 2012
hira.n said:
I had the same question :).. Was looking for answers.. I was under 22 when my sister applied for me.. I am a graduate now and wish to get some experience before i land in canada.. If CIC asks for any updated document, do we have to tell that that i have started working? I am a bit confused :/..
hi hira. you can have your experience as long as you are 21 years old and below when you filled your application. just make sure by the time you reach 22 years old, you are enrolled in a school. like for example, you will be 22 on july, just make sure you enroll on june. just estimate when they are going to ask for your ppr

gie2205

Dec 30, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 10, 2012
AOR Received.
May 15, 2012
Med's Request
Meds req sent in Oct with AIP and OWP(OWP filed in Aug)
Med's Done....
last week of November appeared on E-Cas in Dec.
Interview........
may not be required
VISA ISSUED...
soon
LANDED..........
soon
jane_acueza said:
i would just like to ask if anyone on this thread has a dependent child who just finished his/her college education? did s/he enrolled another course? or did s/he worked?

because I have a daughter who is 21 years old right now, finished his college education and she wants to work. is it possible for her to work full time with TIN AND SSS? We filled our application when she was still 20 years old.
Hello,
I don't know if this would apply to you as well. By the way, I come from the Philippines too. When I was sponsored by my Mom which was a decade ago (I dunno ir rules have changed since then), I was her dependent child, I was 22 when she filed the sponsorship. I remember that I needed to be in school the whole time of the process as I was her dependent child. I was advised to not seek employment so even after I finished university, I took up my Masters and enrolled in some courses until I received my visa. I remember that I always send my enrolment details every semester to the Canadian embassy. Hope this info helps...

hira.n

Dec 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-2008
Doc's Request.
25-11-2011
AOR Received.
16-06-2012
File Transfer...
16-06-2012
Med's Request
03-01-2013
Med's Done....
28-01-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
13-06-2013
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
jane_acueza said:
hi hira. you can have your experience as long as you are 21 years old and below when you filled your application. just make sure by the time you reach 22 years old, you are enrolled in a school. like for example, you will be 22 on july, just make sure you enroll on june. just estimate when they are going to ask for your ppr
Thanks jane .. :).. I was 20 at the time my sister applied.. Now i am 24.. I am done with my mba.. That means i cannot have experience? I guess we should get the PPR by the end of this year.. That's my estimate.. I think i should refrain from getting expeience :/.. One wrong move and the GAME IS OVER :S..

waiting.....

Star Member
Feb 1, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
ND
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hira.n said:
Thanks jane .. :).. I was 20 at the time my sister applied.. Now i am 24.. I am done with my mba.. That means i cannot have experience? I guess we should get the PPR by the end of this year.. That's my estimate.. I think i should refrain from getting expeience :/.. One wrong move and the GAME IS OVER :S..
hi hira!!
gie2205 is right!! u will have to be studying, full-time, in a post secondary institute until u land here. working means u r no longer financially dependent on ur parents which wud eliminate u as a dependent child. i hv applied for my sister. she was few days short of her 22 bday wen i applied. she is still a full time student.

7vksalat

Star Member
Jan 27, 2013
India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-AUG-2008
Doc's Request.
25-NOV-2011
AOR Received.
13-JUL-2012
File Transfer...
27-FEB-2012
Med's Request
29-NOV-2012
Med's Done....
15-DEC-2012
Passport Req..
29-NOV-2012 sent in 01-JAN-2013
VISA ISSUED...
In Process...(Since 29 JAN) Medicle Passed
waiting..... said:
hi hira!!
gie2205 is right!! u will have to be studying, full-time, in a post secondary institute until u land here. working means u r no longer financially dependent on ur parents which wud eliminate u as a dependent child. i hv applied for my sister. she was few days short of her 22 bday wen i applied. she is still a full time student.
waiting is right here, i m now 26 year old but still studying after master...

hira.n

Dec 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-2008
Doc's Request.
25-11-2011
AOR Received.
16-06-2012
File Transfer...
16-06-2012
Med's Request
03-01-2013
Med's Done....
28-01-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
13-06-2013
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
7vksalat said:
waiting is right here, i m now 26 year old but still studying after master...
Ohh.. It's so frustrating :S.. i am soo hating all this.. :/.. It's like we are in the middle of no where.. Cannot even have experience.. I ust hope we all get the visa's as soon as possible..

hira.n

Dec 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-2008
Doc's Request.
25-11-2011
AOR Received.
16-06-2012
File Transfer...
16-06-2012
Med's Request
03-01-2013
Med's Done....
28-01-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
13-06-2013
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
waiting..... said:
hi hira!!
Thanks waiting :).. I understand about the exprience thing.. I think i should not go for a job at this stage.. But what i understand is that if u were below 22 at the time ur application was filed, then the age is locked in and you dont have to be a full time student.. The only thing u have to take care is that u cannot get married.. Different people have different thought's.. At the end of the day, it's just the decision of the officer who is handling ur file.. If some one is working, he/she might thing he is independent because he/she has already started earning.

The CIC should have given a proper definition of dependent, still it's so unclear :S..

waiting.....

Star Member
Feb 1, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
ND
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hira.n said:
Thanks waiting :).. I understand about the exprience thing.. I think i should not go for a job at this stage.. But what i understand is that if u were below 22 at the time ur application was filed, then the age is locked in and you dont have to be a full time student.. The only thing u have to take care is that u cannot get married.. Different people have different thought's.. At the end of the day, it's just the decision of the officer who is handling ur file.. If some one is working, he/she might thing he is independent because he/she has already started earning.

The CIC should have given a proper definition of dependent, still it's so unclear :S..
thanks hira!!! i m confused too now :-[. i know at the end what helps u in settling down here in canada is experience and not the degrees u possess :( i dont knw wht to do...my sister is already 27+