20-10-2016
Nomination.....
28-02-2016
AOR Received.
04-05-2016
Passport Req..
31-01-2017
Hi Guys,

I have a query which I would like your help with. Any suggestions which would help will be appreciated.

I have been nominated for NSNP(Nova Scotia) and also received the invitation to apply from CIC.
The thing is, I have recently had a baby on 18th August 2015 and I am yet to apply for her passport. I do have her birth certificate though.

My query is, do I need to include my baby in my PR application now? (Considering getting her passport ready can take sometime and I may not be able to then complete documentation in 60 days)

Or, can I just apply for me and my spouse for now and then later include my baby in the application during processing, once her passport is ready.

Please advise and oblige.

kriv

Aug 14, 2014
shwetasagar said:
Hi Guys,

I have a query which I would like your help with. Any suggestions which would help will be appreciated.

I have been nominated for NSNP(Nova Scotia) and also received the invitation to apply from CIC.
The thing is, I have recently had a baby on 18th August 2015 and I am yet to apply for her passport. I do have her birth certificate though.

My query is, do I need to include my baby in my PR application now? (Considering getting her passport ready can take sometime and I may not be able to then complete documentation in 60 days)

Or, can I just apply for me and my spouse for now and then later include my baby in the application during processing, once her passport is ready.

Please advise and oblige.
do not get confused by the words "include" , "accompanying" and "non accompanying".
a) accompanying means that the dependent will be travelling with you as your family member and you need his PR visa to be processed along with yours.
b) non accompanying/unaccompanying means you do NOT want your dependent's PR visa to be processed BUT still you have to provide his/her details (documents, medical exam etc) and the dependent will still undergo all requirements (medical, security, eligibility etc).

c) include is just a generic term used which means you have choose your dependent to accompany you in your PR visa application.

So in your case:-
a) if you choose not to mention your child for now then your PR application may get into trouble due to misrepresentation (false statement).
b) if you choose to select "Non-accompanying" for you child then he wont be getting a PR visa and not emigrating with you to Canada. AND still you have to provide all his details and documents to CIC along with your application.
c) if you choose/mention your child as "accompanying" in your application and submit your application with whatever documents you have right now. your child will be getting his PR visa with you. if you currently dont have your child passport you can write an explanation letter along with your application which will enable you to submit the passport once you get it in hand OR cic may request the missing document afterwards.

hope you now understand what you should be doing.

shwetasagar

Star Member
Dec 6, 2015
India
Category........
Visa Office......
Pretoria, South Africa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-05-2016
Doc's Request.
20-10-2016
Nomination.....
28-02-2016
AOR Received.
04-05-2016
Passport Req..
31-01-2017
Hi Kriv,

Thanks for your reply. Although, whether I choose accompanying or non accompanying, I would still require my baby's either passport or national ID document neither of which I have right now. In CIC application it does not allow me to proceed further until I have filled in that details. I just have my baby's birth document. Could you suggest what must I do in this case?

Also in NSNP nomination certificate, my baby's name is not nominated as I had applied it before her birth. Should I mail them to send me new nomination certificate or can I just add in CIC and proceed and not need to add in nomination certificate?

Please help me with this.

Regards,
Shweta

butters1690

Star Member
Aug 21, 2015
Hey!!

I'm in the exact same situation as you right now ... I am preparing my documents to submit my application online through EE..
I recently gave birth here in Canada, hence my child is Canadian..

On my PR application online, there is a question, "Is this person, XX accompanying you in your application?".
Am i right to assume that the answer to this question is "no", since he is Canadian?

Any help will be greatly appreciated!!

COPRQuestion

Aug 30, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa/Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-04-16
Doc's Request.
10-06-16
Med's Done....
Upfront
Passport Req..
12-08-16
VISA ISSUED...
29-08-16
LANDED..........
12-09-16
butters1690 said:
Hey!!

I'm in the exact same situation as you right now ... I am preparing my documents to submit my application online through EE..
I recently gave birth here in Canada, hence my child is Canadian..

On my PR application online, there is a question, "Is this person, XX accompanying you in your application?".
Am i right to assume that the answer to this question is "no", since he is Canadian?

Any help will be greatly appreciated!!
Sorry, I can't answer the original OP's question.

However, for your case there's no need to include anyone in your application who is already Canadian. My two children are Canadian by birth and there was no need to include them in my application.

butters1690

Star Member
Aug 21, 2015
COPRQuestion said:

However, for your case there's no need to include anyone in your application who is already Canadian. My two children are Canadian by birth and there was no need to include them in my application.
Hey thank you so much for replying!!
Did you answer "no" to the question, "Is XX accompanying you in your application"?

COPRQuestion

Aug 30, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa/Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-04-16
Doc's Request.
10-06-16
Med's Done....
Upfront
Passport Req..
12-08-16
VISA ISSUED...
29-08-16
LANDED..........
12-09-16
butters1690 said:
Hey thank you so much for replying!!
Did you answer "no" to the question, "Is XX accompanying you in your application"?
to be honest I can't remember what I did, but I did have to submit their birth certificates at a later stage. they were actually born in Hong Kong

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
shwetasagar said:
Hi Kriv,

Thanks for your reply. Although, whether I choose accompanying or non accompanying, I would still require my baby's either passport or national ID document neither of which I have right now. In CIC application it does not allow me to proceed further until I have filled in that details. I just have my baby's birth document. Could you suggest what must I do in this case?

Also in NSNP nomination certificate, my baby's name is not nominated as I had applied it before her birth. Should I mail them to send me new nomination certificate or can I just add in CIC and proceed and not need to add in nomination certificate?

Please help me with this.

Regards,
Shweta
First ask NSNP what to do, if they must amend your nomination or not. If they say no and you have a deadline to apply for PR and can not wait for the baby's documents, apply but include a cover letter explaining that you have a baby whose documents are not yet ready and you will have to add to the application later. Then as soon as the baby's documents are ready, send updated application forms for your baby to be joined with the rest of your application. However, if NSNP says yes, they will send you a new nomination including your baby, then you wait for that and will have additional time to apply for PR with the new nomination.

butters1690

Star Member
Aug 21, 2015
COPRQuestion said:

Hi! i'm wondering if you had to pay a right to permanent residence fee ($150 for each child) when you submitted your E-APR?
I declared that my child is indeed accompanying me in the application however I also declared that he is a Canadian Citizen in one of the questions they have online.

martha1901

Star Member
Jun 22, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC OTTAWA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Passport Req..
18-05-2016
VISA ISSUED...
25-05-2016
LANDED..........
20-06-2016
butters1690 said:
Hi! i'm wondering if you had to pay a right to permanent residence fee ($150 for each child) when you submitted your E-APR?
I declared that my child is indeed accompanying me in the application however I also declared that he is a Canadian Citizen in one of the questions they have online.
I was in the same situation before, I did include my daughter who is a Canadian citizen and paid for her, I got a refund from CIC.

butters1690

Star Member
Aug 21, 2015
martha1901 said:
I was in the same situation before, I did include my daughter who is a Canadian citizen and paid for her, I got a refund from CIC.

Hey thanks so much for responding, I really appreciate it!!
Did you just call CIC for the refund?

martha1901

Star Member
Jun 22, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC OTTAWA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Passport Req..
18-05-2016
VISA ISSUED...
25-05-2016
LANDED..........
20-06-2016
No, they just send me a cheque.

virvar

Dec 5, 2016
Hi, I have the same case where my son is born here and has a Canadian passport.

So should I say "no" to the question, "Is XX accompanying you in your application"?

tets

Oct 25, 2019
will it be Ok to call NSNP directly or via email?
First ask NSNP what to do, if they must amend your nomination or not. If they say no and you have a deadline to apply for PR and can not wait for the baby's documents, apply but include a cover letter explaining that you have a baby whose documents are not yet ready and you will have to add to the application later. Then as soon as the baby's documents are ready, send updated application forms for your baby to be joined with the rest of your application. However, if NSNP says yes, they will send you a new nomination including your baby, then you wait for that and will have additional time to apply for PR with the new nomination.