+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Dependent Child Sponsorship- Paper and Online App

ghjk87879

Jan 6, 2022
1- Is paper application faster than online application?
2- Kid is out side Canada. Should I bring them in Canada and then apply for apply when they are outside? Which is faster?

charliem

Jul 26, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-09-2013
Doc's Request.
17-10-2013
AOR Received.
18-10-2013
File Transfer...
March 2014
Med's Request
March 2, 2015. AIP received same day
Med's Done....
March 3, 2015.
Interview........
"Decision made": 1 April 2015
An online application is the better way. You can expect quicker handling.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
1- Is paper application faster than online application?
2- Kid is out side Canada. Should I bring them in Canada and then apply for apply when they are outside? Which is faster?
1 - for online spousal apps, the time to AOR (first main response correspondence) has been slower than for paper. Unclear whether one or the other is actually faster overall. Best approach: use online if it is demonstrably easier for you to apply that way (safer/more secure/less time and effort with couriers.)

2. Probably does not make a difference. The key is whether the child can enter Canada already or not (i.e. TRV or ETA). Note, for dependent children, there is no 'inland/outland' difference in processing.

charliem

Jul 26, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-09-2013
Doc's Request.
17-10-2013
AOR Received.
18-10-2013
File Transfer...
March 2014
Med's Request
Med's Done....
March 3, 2015.
Interview........
You say this based on ... what exactly?
Consider this:
1. Paper applications go to a registry (assuming no troubles in postage) where they are sorted first and sent to relevant office
2. Office then opens and checks docs before responding to applicants with acknowledgement of receipt.

Do you still have questions?

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Consider this:
1. Paper applications go to a registry (assuming no troubles in postage) where they are sorted first and sent to relevant office
2. Office then opens and checks docs before responding to applicants with acknowledgement of receipt.

Do you still have questions?
Okay, so you have come to a 'logical' conclusion.

In practice, if you look at the trackers, online applications are taking longer in the first stage (to AOR). In many cases, quite a bit longer.

So sure - you can 'expect' that if you wish. But in the real world, it does not work that way.

charliem

Jul 26, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-09-2013
Doc's Request.
17-10-2013
AOR Received.
18-10-2013
File Transfer...
March 2014
Med's Request
Med's Done....
March 3, 2015.
Interview........
Okay, so you have come to a 'logical' conclusion.

In practice, if you look at the trackers, online applications are taking longer in the first stage (to AOR). In many cases, quite a bit longer.

So sure - you can 'expect' that if you wish. But in the real world, it does not work that way.
In practice, there are more factors than just how quickly one's application gets reviewed.
One may get through the initial steps faster, but it does not mean that the overall process will be smooth. Individual circumstances and who processes the file matter.
You want to remove undue obstacles by getting an application in the system sooner.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
In practice, there are more factors than just how quickly one's application gets reviewed.
One may get through the initial steps faster, but it does not mean that the overall process will be smooth. Individual circumstances and who processes the file matter.
You want to remove undue obstacles by getting an application in the system sooner.
Again, highly theoretical. Everyone can decide for themselves. Perhaps it is 'smoother' to apply online first - but not yet shown to be faster, overall.

But MANY who filed spousal online apps are quite unhappy that the first stage is taking quite a bit longer.

I've no opinion really on which (online or paper) is 'better' for each individual. There are advantages to applying online (particularly for those who have original documents in different countries and sending them back and forth is time consuming and expensive).

But it is absolutely not yet confirmed - in practice - that one is faster than the other.

It should be theoretically and probably will be eventually, but not shown to be the case yet.

Bluee

May 2, 2022
Good day!

I just received a request for an additional document, specifically for Certificate of No Marriage (CeNoMar). I am just confused as to why they are requesting another one when I already sent a copy at the start of my application. Does that mean they were not able to take a glance at it? Or do they just need an updated one since the first one I sent has already expired as of writing? Does this resending of request look good for my application?