+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Dependent Child Sponsorship -2023

Kaibigan

Champion Member
Dec 27, 2020
While that's good advice, the issue that confuses almost everyone is that you get these messages telling you that you have a message that ... you do not have, because (most likely) they have not yet sent it. Probably just in a queue to be processed somewhere. Or if it is supposed to be in gckey or some other system, it is not yet there. Why? Dunno.

This may have made sense in the day of postal mail messages - we sent you a letter, please action it - in current context it is almost entirely nonsensical. Put the message into whatever system the recipient is supposed to read and action it, and only THEN send the 'please read your message' message.

Or even more simply, they could INCLUDE the operational part of the message that's in the message that they have sent you the message about (which just tells you to go and read the message that they haven't included, if I haven't confused myself by going too referential), instead of sending you this dance-of-the-seven-veils message.

I think this is a recursive re-entry message in computer science, but I never got to that part.

[This isn't you, @Kaibigan, I'm just pointing out that applicants/sponsors are confused for a reason]
The poster did not say that, when they went to GCKey to look for a message, nothing was there, hence my comment.

However, I will say, in the course of our own sponsorship/PR application and the application of another couple where I acted as rep, we never had that experience. Every time when we were told there was a message waiting, indeed there was. We did get messages saying things like a status update, but then there was really nothing to see. Sometimes, signing onto GCKey, one would see an entry like "Last update: April 5, 2024." But there would be no sign of anything being updated. I took those entries to mean that the file was touched somehow, but nothing more than that.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
The poster did not say that, when they went to GCKey to look for a message, nothing was there, hence my comment.

However, I will say, in the course of our own sponsorship/PR application and the application of another couple where I acted as rep, we never had that experience. Every time when we were told there was a message waiting, indeed there was. We did get messages saying things like a status update, but then there was really nothing to see. Sometimes, signing onto GCKey, one would see an entry like "Last update: April 5, 2024." But there would be no sign of anything being updated. I took those entries to mean that the file was touched somehow, but nothing more than that.
Yes, there are ghost updates, but it seems sometimes IRCC sends these messages saying 'we have sent you a message' and there isn't one available, or at least not immediately.

The message you quoted from sambee1 (?) did have this text:
“We sent you a message about your application
Read the message carefully and take appropriate action as necessary “

I'm still puzzled why they do this. (Mind, sometimes the correct answer is to tell the OP to check their other places where they get messages but sometimes there is a delay)

charliem

Jul 26, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-09-2013
Doc's Request.
17-10-2013
AOR Received.
18-10-2013
File Transfer...
March 2014
Med's Request
March 2, 2015. AIP received same day
Med's Done....
March 3, 2015.
Interview........
"Decision made": 1 April 2015
The reason some people are not able to find the message after the prompt ("We sent you a message") is because they have not linked application in the portal.
I saw this happen to my brother-in-law.
It took us 4 months to find the message asking his wife to get medical done. As you soon as we linked application, we saw the message.

Reactions: armoured

IbtiZaifa

Jan 6, 2021
Anyone here applied for child sponsorship but has not received medical request? Do you get the medical request form via email or can you also see that form from Application Tracker?

charliem

Jul 26, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-09-2013
Doc's Request.
17-10-2013
AOR Received.
18-10-2013
File Transfer...
March 2014
Med's Request
Med's Done....
March 3, 2015.
Interview........
Anyone here applied for child sponsorship but has not received medical request? Do you get the medical request form via email or can you also see that form from Application Tracker?
I have not received medical request. Possibly because we did medical 2 years ago.

AK5021

Star Member
Apr 26, 2019
Can you link your application to GC key account after you receive the AOR or I should wait approval? I have tried multiple times since last week but not able to get the application from database. anyone got idea or linked their application after the AOR? What should I do? Thank you.

charliem

Jul 26, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-09-2013
Doc's Request.
17-10-2013
AOR Received.
18-10-2013
File Transfer...
March 2014
Med's Request
Med's Done....
March 3, 2015.
Interview........
Can you link your application to GC key account after you receive the AOR or I should wait approval? I have tried multiple times since last week but not able to get the application from database. anyone got idea or linked their application after the AOR? What should I do? Thank you.
You typically have to wait a few weeks (at least) after AOR to attempt to link application to GC Key account.

Reactions: AK5021

Sheikh ahsan

Jul 12, 2022
My question is here I am sponsoring my dependent kids I am divorced and I have kids with x I know I have to submit imm 5604 ..do I have to submit a custody papers too and just imm 5604 is enough
6. Declaration from Non-Accompanying Parent/Guardian for Minors Immigrating to Canada (IMM 5604)
Are there any applicants under the age of 18 included in this application, who will receive an immigrant visa?
No: Continue to Section 7
Yes: You must demonstrate that the child's other parent or legal guardian has no objection to that child immigrating to Canada
Principal Applicant:
If the other parent of the principal applicant is not listed as the co-signer on the IMM 1344 (Application to Sponsor, Sponsorship Agreement
and Undertaking), provide the following:
Completed IMM 5604 (Declaration from Non-Accompanying Parent/Guardian for Minors Immigrating to Canada), witnessed by a notary
public.
Photocopy of a valid and legible identity document for that parent, bearing their signature
If the other parent is deceased, provide a copy of their death certificate instead.
If you are divorced or separated from the other parent, also include a copy of any related custody agreements.
If you are unable to provide the applicable documents above, you must provide a detailed explanation.

Kaibigan

Champion Member
Dec 27, 2020
My question is here I am sponsoring my dependent kids I am divorced and I have kids with x I know I have to submit imm 5604 ..do I have to submit a custody papers too and just imm 5604 is enough
If you are divorced or separated from the other parent, also include a copy of any related custody agreements.
If you are unable to provide the applicable documents above, you must provide a detailed explanation.
I would say that if you have custody agreements them send them. But if, as in many cases, none exist, then don't worry about trying to create some. Send the form completed by the consenting parent.

Sheikh ahsan

Jul 12, 2022
6. Declaration from Non-Accompanying Parent/Guardian for Minors Immigrating to Canada (IMM 5604)
Do you have any whats up number for I show you what they need in check list imm 5604 .if x partner dead deat certificate. And if divorced custody documents so if I submit just imm 5604 is it enough and I have to summit both custody and imm 5704 plz help

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
I have a question can I sponsor my kids with ecopr and do I have to wait for pr card plz help thanks
I have a question plz help for sponsor my dependent kids do I need phyical pr card aur ecopr is enough for sponsor kids
If you're asking the same question in multiple threads, or twice in one thread, without waiting to see if anyone responds - you are doing it wrong.

Reactions: YVR123