+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Dependent Applicant SIN was not issued

Teja0312

Jun 15, 2018
Hello, everyone.

My wife is the primary applicant and I'm a dependent.
We both landed in Toronto yesterday. Today we went to service Canada and applied for SIN.
My wife received her SIN but I'm didn't get my SIN.
Officer in the Service Canada said that there is some issue when she is trying to get SIN for me. But, she doesn't know whats the reason for this issue. She gave me a form and told me to fill that. Then she said my SIN will be mailed in 4-6 weeks.

What do you suggest me to do?

I'm worried about this. Is this ever happen to any one?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello, everyone.

We both landed in Toronto yesterday. Today we went to service Canada and applied for SIN.
Officer in the Service Canada said that there is some issue when she is trying to get SIN for me. But, she doesn't know whats the reason for this issue. She gave me a form and told me to fill that. Then she said my SIN will be mailed in 4-6 weeks.

Likely something didn’t get processed correctly when you landed. I’ve seen it on the forum before. Would call the IRCC line to see if they can sort it out. Would give it a week so hopefully the landing paperwork has been sorted out itself.

momemon

Star Member
Aug 17, 2017
Hello, everyone.

It happened with me and according to Service Canada it was not too uncommon. What happens is if for any reason your normal application doesn't go through, they have to paper-fill one and mail it which takes time. You will receive it in a few weeks don't worry. I needed it rather urgently to get paid at work and hence I had my employer call their office (when the SIN was generated after about 10 days or so) to get my SIN number over the phone. I saved a couple of weeks for printing and mailing to my address.