+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Dependant Visa

Prince2541

Jun 4, 2023
Hello

My wife is on work permit in Canada while me and our child live in India.
Child is under a year old.

My wife applied for the Visitor Visa for our child but sadly it got refused.

Now the immigration consultant we consulted says that we can file the child’s dependent visa.

However, I doubt that.

Is he right?

Last edited:

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hello

Child is a year old.

Now the immigration consultant we consulted says that we can file the child’s dependent visa.

However, I doubt that.

Is he right?
There is no such thing. A ”dependant” visa is a visitor visa. Do you have an approved visa?

Prince2541

Jun 4, 2023
There is no such thing. A ”dependant” visa is a visitor visa. Do you have an approved visa?
my wife has an approved work visa and she is working in Canada.

Me and my child are in India having no visa.

the mother wants to be with her child.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
my wife has an approved work visa and she is working in Canada.

Me and my child are in India having no visa.

the mother wants to be with her child.
Only option is for your child to get a TRV and it was refused. What were reasons for refusal? How much in funds did you show? Your wife will be working so an infant will need daycare. Has daycare been secured? If so include admission letters for daycare and show that you have the funds to afford it.

Is your wife on PGWP or closed work permit? NOC? When does permit expire? Have you applied for any visa?

Having child come to Canada is not guaranteed so you need to address reasons for refusal when applying again.

Prince2541

Jun 4, 2023
Only option is for your child to get a TRV and it was refused. What were reasons for refusal? How much in funds did you show? Your wife will be working so an infant will need daycare. Has daycare been secured? If so include admission letters for daycare and show that you have the funds to afford it.

Is your wife on PGWP or closed work permit? NOC? When does permit expire? Have you applied for any visa?

Having child come to Canada is not guaranteed so you need to address reasons for refusal when applying again.
the mistake i think we made was that we applied for the infant's visa while she was still in India and had not landed in Canada yet after getting work visa.
there was no day care proof and the consultnat mentioned projected period of stay 2 years for child while filing his TRV.

Now she has landed in Canada, got her closed work permit and joined her duties.

1. Wife on Closed Work Permit.
2. Permit expires in 2026
3. I havent applied for any visa yet. I am self-employed. She plans to apply for my SOWP after 2 months of working there.
4. Reason -
I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as required by paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR (https://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/regulations/SOR-2002-227/section-179.html). I am refusing your application because you have not established that you will leave Canada, based on the following factors:
• The purpose of your visit to Canada is not consistent with a temporary stay given the details you have provided in your application.
5. me and my wife's fund 20k CAD plus another 20K CAD (liquid mutual funds), CAD 120000 (fixed asset)
6. No day care proof filed last time.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
the mistake i think we made was that we applied for the infant's visa while she was still in India and had not landed in Canada yet after getting work visa.
there was no day care proof and the consultnat mentioned projected period of stay 2 years for child while filing his TRV.

Now she has landed in Canada, got her closed work permit and joined her duties.

1. Wife on Closed Work Permit.
2. Permit expires in 2026
3. I havent applied for any visa yet. I am self-employed. She plans to apply for my SOWP after 2 months of working there.
4. Reason -
I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as required by paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR (https://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/regulations/SOR-2002-227/section-179.html). I am refusing your application because you have not established that you will leave Canada, based on the following factors:
• The purpose of your visit to Canada is not consistent with a temporary stay given the details you have provided in your application.
5. me and my wife's fund 20k CAD plus another 20K CAD (liquid mutual funds), CAD 120000 (fixed asset)
6. No day care proof filed last time.
A child is entering as a visitor and can stay up to 6 months, then you apply for extension. You don’t tell IRCC what to do. You told IRCC that child is staying for 2 years so not a temporary stay. Secure daycare space because if you don’t have daycare, your wife cannot work. People are on waitlists for years so not sure if a spot will be available. She should have done that before she came to Canada.

Prince2541

Jun 4, 2023
A child is entering as a visitor and can stay up to 6 months, then you apply for extension. You don’t tell IRCC what to do. You told IRCC that child is staying for 2 years so not a temporary stay. Secure daycare space because if you don’t have daycare, your wife cannot work. People are on waitlists for years so not sure if a spot will be available. She should have done that before she came to Canada.
Thanks for your replies

In our next application for our child, we will keep projected period of stay less than 6 months.
and wont file application till we secure day care admission.

But my question is that in last application projected period was 2 years and now it will be <6 months.
Will this go against us in next application or will next application will be considered afresh by IRCC.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Thanks for your replies

In our next application for our child, we will keep projected period of stay less than 6 months.
and wont file application till we secure day care admission.

But my question is that in last application projected period was 2 years and now it will be <6 months.
Will this go against us in next application or will next application will be considered afresh by IRCC.
Visitors can only stay up to 6 months so you should not have said infant is staying for 2 years. However, IRCC knows spouse is on a work permit so knows that infant will have to extend stay.

Prince2541

Jun 4, 2023
Visitors can only stay up to 6 months so you should not have said infant is staying for 2 years. However, IRCC knows spouse is on a work permit so knows that infant will have to extend stay.
yes thats a mistake we made. I understand it now. But honestly that is something consultant should have factored in.

Now for the next time, we will show projected stay less than 6 months.

My question is that will our last mistake affect our next application?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
yes thats a mistake we made. I understand it now. But honestly that is something consultant should have factored in.

Now for the next time, we will show projected stay less than 6 months.

My question is that will our last mistake affect our next application?
I can’t say as you have to address reasons for refusal. IRCC knows why infant is coming.

Last edited:

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello

Child is under a year old.

However, I doubt that.

Is he right?
Would suggest that you apply for SOWP and apply for your child’s TRV at the same time. Would apply for SOWP as soon as possible because processing times are very long. If you have 2 potential incomes in Canada or another parent who could remain home with a young child if you can’t secure daycare or can’t afford daycare. There is a crisis when it comes to childcare in a Canada and the subsidized spots can be very difficult to find. It may not be possible for your spouse to afford childcare with other expenses in Canada on her own and it may take many months to get a spot depending on where she is located. Your child also needs to get to a Canada so it would make more sense to you to travel with your child to Canada. If your child gets a TRV when they land you can ask for the expiry of the visitor stay to coincide with the expiry of your work permits. Most of the time this won’t be an issue but you need to ask when you arrive in Canada. Would suggest changing consultants or applying on your own since you are paying a consultant who not providing correct information.